Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season IX

Started by Vazdru, 28-02-2010, 08:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver (UGB-Landfall)        vs     Nastaboi (Battle of Wits)
2:0

Game1:Nastaboi is starting
T1:                                             -- Library of Alexandria
T2: Creeping Tar Pit               --
T3:                                             -- Shadowmage Infiltrator
T4:   Day of Judgment             -- Ohran Viper
T5:  Liliana Vess                      --  Demonic Tutor + Lorescale Coatl
T6: Wasteland(Library) + Ghastly Demise(Coatl) + Glen Elendra Archmage  --  Wickerbough Elder + Sensei's Divining Top
T7: Mind Twist (X=4)               --  Shriekmaw(Glen E.A.)
T8:  2 times Deep Analysis + Maze of Ith    -- Vedalken Shackles
T9: Engineered Explosive(3)(got Mana Leak(got Elendra))  -- Birds of Paradise
T10: Telling Time  ...

At the Beginning I had LoA, and Shadowmage Infiltrator. Nastaboi killed the Infiltrator directly. But I had Ohran Viper to reinforce myself. Nastaboi used Mind Twist for 4 and Glen Elendra against me. But my creatures including Wickerbough Elder were too strong so I won against massive resistance.

Game2:Nastaboi is starting
T1:                                               --  Sensei's Divining Top
T2:   Dimir Aqueduct                 --
T3: transmuting Dimir Infiltrator to Demonic Tutor  --  Duress(Demonic) + Sakura-Tribe Elder
T4:                                                --  Trygon Predator(get Absorb(get Miscalculation))
T5:                                                 -- Glen Elendra Archmage
T6: Krosan Verge                        -- Pithing Needle(Verge)
T7: Insidious Dreams(got Elendra) -- Wall of Blossoms
T8:  Dromar's Charm(got Elendra)  --  Jace, the Mind Sculptor
T9:                                                    --
T10: Skeletel Scrying(X=1)           --     ...

Turn 3 I took with Duress his Demonic Tutor leaving him only with Lands and Absorb. My offensive with Trygon Predator and Glen Elendra Archmage weren't faced any resistance. Finally Jace the Mind Sculptor controlled his Topdecking skills.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

derStefan82

derStefan82 (4C-Oath) vs Teko (Elves!) 2:0

1. Game I got hand with Oath of Druids, Regrowth and good mana, he got much pressure with elves, mana elves, lords but fast Progenitus and afterwards Empyrial Archangel was faster. I had my Gaeas Blessing during finding Progenitus so second search there was only Angel in deck and I went down from 90 to 4 cards.....

2. Game he had a fast start as well with few elves and Mutavault brought me down to 11 life, he had wasteland for my first round Underground Sea which color screwed me a bit but I hand 2. turn green mana tapped (think cycle land) 3. turn Crop Rotation for Tabernacle which I needed hadly (and which helped me not to loose). Afterwards I had enough time to go into Natural Order for Progenitus.

Thanks for games.

Nastaboi

Nastaboi Hypergenesis vs. Noviomagus Rg Beatz

2 - 0

I won the roll and had T2 Demonic Dread, but had to wait another turn for him to get a creature into battlefield. I put down DSC and Thraximundar. He put down Magus of the Moon and scooped it up.

I had 2nd turn Demonic Dread again. This time I killed my lands with Terastodon and his lands with Realm Razer. He put down Magus of the Moon and scooped it up.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(Domain(Alara)-aggro)       vs      seveneyes(Bant)
2:0

Sturmgott told me that in his oppinion a Domain Deck plays all 5 basic Lands regulary. So the name for this deck should be better Alara-aggro, 23 cards are from this edition. So it's a good theme for this composition of cards.

Game1:Goblin Piledriver is beginning. Seveneyes and GP taking a mulligan
T1:                                                -- Llanowar Elves
T2: Lightning Bolt(Elves)           -- Mistral Charger
T3: Dark Confidant                    -- Kitchen Finks
T4:  Oblivion Ring(Finks)          --  Grafted Wargear
T5: Rhox War Monk                  --  Yavimaya Hollow + Noble Hierach
T6: Baneslayer Angel               --
T7: Garruk Wildspeaker          --   ...

I took down Kitchen Finks with Oblivion Ring, which allowed me to attack with Confidant and not being beated down with it. On his next Turn he plays Grafted Wargear to his Mistral Charger and my life suddenly falling down. Rhox War Monk and Baneslayer Angel  saved me from losing(was near defeat) and won the game for me.

Game2: seveneyes is beginning
T1: Treetop Village               -- Arbor Elf
T2: Mistral Charger               -- Man-o'-War(Charger)
T3: Rhox War Monk              --  Bloodbraid Elf(Tribal Flames(Rhox))
T4: Yavimaya Hollow + Mistral Charger  --  Sword of Fire and Ice
T5:  Horizon Canopy + Llanowar Elves  + Path to Exile(Man-o'-War) --  Sarkhan Vol
T6: Ravages of War             --
T7:   ...

My Bloodbraid Elf cascaded into Tribal Flames and shoot down seveneyes's Rhox War Monk. With Sword of Fire and Ice and Sarkhan VolI brought him into the red zone. He answered with Ravages of War leaving me with no mana(not the best side of Arbor Elf). Sarkhan Vol's Ultimate ended the game.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

pyyhttu

Quote from: NastaboiI won the roll and had T2 Dread Return... He put down Magus of the Moon and scooped it up.

QuoteI had 2nd turn Dread Return again. ...He put down Magus of the Moon and scooped it up.

I recommend we unban Dread Return. It seems to fix the aggro problem nicely.

Tabris

Vazdru

Quote from: pyyhttu on 11-04-2010, 12:05:06 AM
Quote from: NastaboiI won the roll and had T2 Dread Return... He put down Magus of the Moon and scooped it up.

QuoteI had 2nd turn Dread Return again. ...He put down Magus of the Moon and scooped it up.

I recommend we unban Dread Return. It seems to fix the aggro problem nicely.

Quote from: Tabris on 11-04-2010, 01:00:04 AM
Dread Return? errr?

Lol - he meant demonic dread obv  ;D
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Nastaboi

LOL @ me, fixed.

As a random fact, Hypergenesis was the last card in my library in the second game.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Kavu24

@ GoblinPiledriver

The deck-Name is: "McFlurry with Smarties" not alara-aggro!  >:(

I am the deckdesigner and so i have the right to a name! :-P

Thanks and great that you win with this deck!

coldcrow

coldcrow (R/w/u-AggroStax) 2 : 0 Tabris (UG-AggroControl)

This time I got my revenge for the perfect draws of my opponents in the last rounds.

Game 1: I get down some mana artifacts,lay a blood moon (didn't do much at that point) helix his scryb ranger in response to a rancor. Then I make my usual mistake by playing Wildfire far too early,, gambling for him to be screwed. Of course Tabris draws alot of forests, but has no island in play. A grafted wargear + troll ascetic blank my swords and threaten to end the game in a few turns, yet I draw Karn like a champ and stall him long enough. Smokestack does its job and he scoops with an empty board.

Game 2: I am excited to fan open a decent hand with one manastone, boom/bust, ajani. His first play is a Predator which becomes helixed by Ajani. Serendib Efreet follows, Ajani keeps one of his 2 islands tapped for one round and I destroy the other. Of course tabris floats blue and as dumb as I am I forget to switch phases, so my Trinket mage runs into stifle ;) .
On the top side Tabris is out of counters so I can play a Metalworker , more mana artifacts and Duplicant. Shortly after he concedes to my overwhelming board.

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5CC VZ Tabris UG midrange
2:1

Details may be a bit wrong, since we played 5 games (2 disconnected)

Game 1: He starts really aggresive vs my manabase: wasteland + stifle on my fetch. Luckily i drew into two more lands + tithe + eternal dragon, so it wasn't that bad. He played serendib + wargear but i played eladmari call/demonic tutor (can't recall) -> venser (i also had karakas). I played some spells that went into some counters, eventualy dropped jace 2.0 he dropped his own jace and eventually won with help from garruk, i believe.

Game 2: he starts low on lands but with werebear + scryb ranger which got him some nice mana accel. he played serendib. i played wog and searched for glen. game crashed

Game 2.1 Can't remember this one very good, but i think he played glen (all tapped out) i had answers for it. Session lost

game 2.2 He starts with pestermite + spellstutter + stifle on my fetch (i was color screw for R and U with only R and U cards in hand.... lol) so he played light sword and i couldn't hold the pressure, even played ajani and other stuff but the sword eventually killed me.

Game 3. he played some creatures i played some creatures but i was able to cast a damnation and keeping my factory to attack he played waketrasher i played FTK and went for damage race, he was able to hold a lot of turns with counters/stifle/boomerang effects and even treachery on my 3/3 token (had garruk and that time) eventually he was at 1 and i played fire/ice he remanded it, i played fetch for another R and killed him.

Nice games.

Tabris

Tabris  (UG-AggroControl)2 vs 0 Payron (5c Zoo?)

1st Game: We both are screwed and stucked on two mana but we got both a suspended Ancetral Vision 1st Turn. So we are waiting for resolving the Visions which dosent help Payron much bc he dont draw any lands with it. I draw three lands and was able to counter his mana leak for my vision. After that I was able to develop
my board and get enough buisness on the table. He was stucked on four lands one of them LoA but was not helping him bc of the lack of mana.

2nd Game: He started with a Mother of runes followed by a Trygon Predator which get counterd by me. I am able to get a pestermite on the board to tap his mother and casting threads of disloyality on her, but he got a counter. One turn later he is casting a shadowmage inflitrator but I ve just got my shackles online. He dont get much except for a Lightning Angel which get "answered" by my control magic. He chooses to path his own angel. I got his Ajani with pestermite + treetop village and bouncing his Rafiq which just got on the battlefield. So after that he draws a deed and get rid of my board. WE both dont have any cards left but I have a full hand of witness, B2B (which get rid of four of his lands) and a crafted wargear, which get me the win together with witness and tarmogyof.

gg´s.

MrGreen

Coldcrow WB Control vs. MrGreen 5C Domian Zoo 1:2

I dont remember the games because we played last week and I missed to report the games. I just can remember colcrow won the first game and the other ones were on my side.

Tabris

Tabris (UG-AggroControl) 2: vs -jFk- (WW) 0

1st Game: I´ll think he starts with a mother of runes. I play a noble hierarch which get answered by a Kjeldoran Javelineer. After that I play a Wall of Roots following by a maze of ith. He get a tangle wire and attacks with Savanah lions which gets blocked by my Spellstuter Sprite. He got also a Stoneforge Mystic which searched him a SoFI. I was able to cast a Vendilion Clique in response to the ability of the Mystic and getting his SoFI. Some turns later I can stabilize the board with goyf, a stolen Serra Avengre, Serendib Efreet and Shackles.

2nd Game: He got no one drop neither do I. Second turn he casts a Stoneforge Mystic which get countered by a Spell Snare. I ve got a Wall of blossoms. He plays a Goldmeadow Harrier. Some turns later he got a bone splitter + kitchen finks + exalted dude for one white. Hes attacking me quite some time. I ve got a Serendib Efreet, Coatl and Cloud of Faeries. Finally I ve got a SoFI and cleaning his board leaving my Efreet back to block his creatures. Somehowe he is able to beat me to one lifepoint (combined with the efreet) but I ve got his 2/2 First Strike Lifelink dude with threads and another guy with sower. So I was able to attack him for 13 and he concedes.

gg´s

GoblinPiledriver

Goblin Piledriver(UGB-Landfall)       vs      Payron(5cc)
2:1

Game1: Payron is beginning
T1:                                                                -- Noble Hierarch
T2: Eladamri's Call(Sakura Tribe Elder) -- Ohran Viper
T3: Maze of Ith + Sakura Tribe Elder       -- Trinket Mage(P.N.) + Pithing Needle
T4: Flametongue Kavu(Viper)                  --  Wasteland  + cycling Barren Moor + Wall of Roots
T5: Lightning Angel                                    -- Jace Beleren + Maelstrom Pulse(Angel)
T6: Tarmogoyf + Trygon Predator            --
T7: Rhox War Monk(get Counterspell)     -- Brainstorm + Vedalken Shackles
T8: Swords to Plowshares(own Trygon P.) -- suspending Ancestral Vision + Looter il-Kor
T9:                                                                -- Sower of Temptation(Tarmogoyf)
T10: Shriekmaw(Sower)                           -- Treachery(Tarmogoyf) + Sakura-Tribe Elder
T11: Sensei's Divining Top                       -- Thirst for Knowledge
T12:                                                              -- Ancestral Vision(get Mana Drain) + Primal Command  ...

I got Vedalken Shackles, Sower of Temptation and Treachery supported Jace Beleren and some hate. At the end it was enough.

Game2: Payron is beginning
T1:                                         -- cycling Tranquil Thicket
T2:                                         -- Nature's Lore
T3: Dark Confidant              -- Wall of Roots + Life from the Loam
T4: Sensei's Divining Top   -- Life from the Loam + cycling Tranquil Thicket
T5: Tarmogoyf(get  Counterspell) + Karakas   -- Life from the Loam + cycling Tranquil Thicket
T6: Lightning Helix(Wall) + Gifts Ungiven(get Miscalculation(get Daze)) (Eternal Witness,Shriekmaw to hand Demonic Tutor + Trinket Mage to grave)  --  cycling Barren Moor + Tarmogoyf + Life from the Loam
T7: Eternal Witness + Demonic Tutor + Tormods Crypt  --  cycling Tranquil Thicket +cycling Barren Moor + Wall of Blossoms + Pernicious Deed
T8: Shriekmaw(Tarmogoyf)  --  Volrath's Stronghold
T9: Sensei's Divining Top + Eladamri's Call(Archangel)    -- Tarmogoyf + Maze of Ith
T10: Empyrial Archangel      --  Shadowmage Infiltrator      --
T11: Necromancy(Shriekmaw killing Infilitrator(instant mode))  --
T12:    Duress    ...

Payron interrupted my Life engine with Gifts into Tormods Crypt. At the end he played Eladamri's Call for Empyrial Archangel and killed me.

Game3: Goblin Piledriver is beginning, Payron takes a mulligan
T1:
T2: Sensei's Divining Top                      --  Stoneforge Mystic(Sword of Fire and Ice)
T3: Back to Basics(get Force of Will)  -- Sword o.F.a.I
T4: Yavimaya Elder                                 --
T5: Mox Diamond + Ravenous Baloth  -- suspending Ancestral Vision
T6: Jace Beleren                                      --  Tarmogoyf
T7: Sower of Temptation(Tarmogoyf)  -- Flametongue Kavu(get Mana Leak)
T8: Jace, the Mind Sculptor + Trygon Predator + Sensei's Divining Top  --  Firespout + Maze of Ith
T9: Genesis                                             -- Ancestral Vision + Duress(no card founded) + Jotun Grunt
T10:  Nature's Lore + Damnation  -- Tarmogoyf(as 8/9)
T11: activating Genesis to Y.Elder + Yavimaya Elder + Hermit Druid  -- Natural Order(to Empyrial Archangel)
T12: Demonic Tutor + Eternal Witness + Damnation(get Mana Leak)  -- Tormod's Crypt  + E.angel killed Jace 2.0
T13:  Rampaging Baloths + Marsh Flats   --
T14:                                                                --          ...

Payron takes a Mulligan and my first assault with Back to Basic get countered. Meanwhile he played Stoneforge Mystic to Sword of Fire and Ice.
I hold the pressure down with Yavimaya Elder(solved every future mana problem) and Ravenous Baloth. I play Jace Beleren counter a liitle bit, till I play Jace the Mindsculptor. Payron destroyed my whole offensive with Firespout and Maze of Ith.
He then plays Tarmogoyf as 8/9 and finally Natural Order to Empyrial Archangel. The Archangel shot down Jace2.0, meanwhile Jace brainstormed 5 times.Finally  I play Rampaging Baloth with a Fetchland beating first his Angel and then him.

Game 1 durrated 19 Minutes ,Game 2 durrated 25 Minutes, Game 3 durrated 29 Minutes --> 73 Minutes total

Epic Games. Thanks