Main Menu

Staxx Oath v. 2.0

Started by Kassow-Rossing, 20-05-2010, 02:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kassow-Rossing

I have chosen to close this thread because sharing my statistics are not appreciated.

Kassow-Rossing

Kassow-Rossing

Kassow-Rossing

Kassow-Rossing

Kassow-Rossing

Kassow-Rossing

Kassow-Rossing

Kassow-Rossing

Kassow-Rossing

Kassow-Rossing

Kassow-Rossing

Mythrandir

Pretty thourough article (although incomplete). Just some minor critic to the deck, although it seems very decent.
Nicolas is just overkill, i would play upheavel instead (didn't see it in your list), will as easily win you the game as nicol and better in more situations i believe.

I'd would also cut the thopter combo.

Good post, waiting for it to be finished, though ;)

Kassow-Rossing

Thx for the feedback (first one hehe). I will think about Upheaval instead of Nicol.

I have never seen Upheaval be any close to win for 6 mana. The way I see it, you need to have 9-12 mana for it to be really strong and you need to have your land drop after the spell resolves. Nicol only costs 8 mana and can be casted earlier. Opinion?

Mythrandir

Quote from: Kassow-Rossing on 23-05-2010, 09:20:51 PM
Thx for the feedback (first one hehe). I will think about Upheaval instead of Nicol.

I have never seen Upheaval be any close to win for 6 mana. The way I see it, you need to have 9-12 mana for it to be really strong and you need to have your land drop after the spell resolves. Nicol only costs 8 mana and can be casted earlier. Opinion?

Well, i feel that upheavel is a lot more consistent, since it acts a pseudo-wog. Of course this is just a scenario:
But with 8 mana you can play upheavel + mana artifact.

Nicol also has an ackward cost, IMO, since it's harder to splash for double BB.

But upheavel, apparently isn't a auto-include, since it didn't fit the winning deck (monoblue staxx) of the last GP:
here's the decklist:

http://blog.magicplayer.org/