Main Menu

Staxx Oath v. 3.0

Started by Kassow-Rossing, 07-01-2011, 02:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcMagic

Quote from: LasH on 13-04-2011, 11:52:12 AM
That's exactly my point of view. These cards should stall time, but they did not in my games because they got destroyed _everytime_ on the next turn of my opponent. They didnt gave me a single extra turn (and by the way trading 1to1 is no card advantage). Firespout turned out to be the best bord cleaner i had..Each time i could resolve it, it killed at least 2 creatures a turn earlier than wrath and that was so essential. By the way, did u ever face turn 2 gaddock? Your deck runs exactly 3 answers. And every good player will tutor him against stax, while you cannot tutor vindicate/mspulse/(o-ring, because it can get easy handled) in a way they can search gaddock. Futhermore your answers cost YOU another turn and make your opponents faster. Thats something u kinda never wanna do in stax, but it turned out to be essential, because otherwise you have autoloss vs early gaddock or early back to basic (which i faced ofc 3 times turn2!!).
What you mentioned is the actual problem of Staxx in this meta. Strong 3-5 colored aggrodecks run enough answers in form of artifact/enchantment removal and counter without being slowed down. Not playing Firespout is not acceptable IMO. Firespout and Fiery Justice are probably the best "mass"removal spells 5c decks run atm. Both only cost 3 mana and often trade 1:2 or even better. Despite WoG, DoJ and Damnation costing double colored mana (which is often harder to access than triple single mana) AND have CC of 4 they are not good enough most of the times you can play them. Additional I have to say that Geddock Teek does not even see that much play but is one of the strongest cards vs Staxx. Trying to lock down the opponent is very hard nowadays because aggrodecks are very flexible and controldecks have to run a lot more good creatures (good creatures are OBV the best way to deal with aggrodecks) which makes locking harder as well. I'd never say Staxx is dead and not worth playing anymore but Staxx already lost its consistency some time ago and right now its even harder to build a decent Staxx-version.

Cards like Boneshredder, Shriekmaw, Venser, Glen, Sower, Flametongue Kavu, Skinrender, Wall of Denial etc etc etc pppppp are suited best for controlldecks to beat aggro; they are not very staxxfriendly but should be taken into consideration as well. Chunky cards like Abyss, Moat etc are still very strong but without luck you opponent can handle them like np and just keep hitting your face :[.

Vazdru

Quote from: delta_strike on 03-04-2011, 07:08:02 PM
Quote from: Vazdru on 03-04-2011, 03:58:40 PM
Btw. A friend of mine played your Oath-Staxx Titans-Build yesterday, he reached a record of 4-3 after Swiss. None of the 6 Staxx-Decks was able to reach Top 8.
Do your friend have a report of the event ?I would be happy If i could get a small report of the event to see what cards/decks it had problems whit.

At least he told me about the matches:

Wins:
vs RDW-Globlins - Staxx offered always the right solutions 
vs 4C-Aggro - Oath made the difference
vs UW-Control - mana-denial didn't get countered
vs (3C?)-Aggro - Oath T2 for an easy win

Losses:
vs UW-Control - this time key cards have been countered, mana-stones and anti-aggro-cards aren't enough to beat UW
vs 3C-Aggro - opponent was too fast, no oath appeared
vs Bant - flooded, T1 Workshop wasn't enough (-Wasteland), Moat isn't as good as in earlier times - Bant has too many solutions for (Elspeth, O-Ring, Pride-Mage, Fliers...)

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

delta_strike

Thanks for the report vazdru.:) very nice of you.