Main Menu

B/r Sui - Aggro

Started by Noviomagus, 01-02-2011, 04:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noviomagus

Hello,

I d like to share the newest version of mit Black / red Sui deck with you. Maybe you got some ideas about it. Here we go:

Creatures: ( 37 )

1cc: ( 4 )
Sarcomancy
Guul Draz Vampire ( most of the time, only 1/1 for 1cc. I ll cut it I think )
Sarcomancy
Vampire Lacerator

2cc ( 16 )
Gatekeeper of Malakir
Nantuko Shade
Dark Confidant
Vampire Hexmage
Oonas Prowler
Wretched Anurid
Dauthi Horror
Dauthi Slayer
Kalastria Highborn
Bloodghast
Skittering Skirge
Mesmeric Fiend
Hellspark Elemental
Fledling Djinn
Stromgald Crusader
Black Knight

3cc ( 9 )
Hypnotic Specter
Wasp Lancer
Ashenoor Gouger
Vampire Nighthawk
Stillmoon Cavalier
Ebon Drak
Ogre Marauder ( will be replaced by the new Phyrexian Crusader )
Shambling Remains
Magus of the Moon

4cc ( 5 )
Flametongue Cavu
Vampire Nocturnus
Ichorid
Graveborn Muse
Skinrender

5cc/++ ( 3 )
Shriekmaw
Demigod of Revenge
Tombstalker

Spells: 24

1cc:( 6 )
Duress
Thoughtseize
Kozileks Inquisition
reanimate
Lightning Bolt
Chain Lightning

2cc: ( 10 )
Hymn to Tourach
Distress
Rise/Fall
Terminate
Doom Blade
Bad Moon
Demonic Tutor
Bitterblossom
Incinerate
Price of Progress

3cc ( 6 )
Stupor
Phyrexian Arena
Necropotence
Blightning
Rhystic Lightning
Char

4cc/++ ( 2 )

Sarkhan the Mad
Skeletal Scrying

Artefacts: ( 6 )
1cc
Bonesplitter
Cursed Scroll
2cc:
Winter Orb
3cc:
Grafted wargear
Sword of Fire and Ice
Tangle Wire

Lands: ( 33 )
9 Swamps, 5 Mountains, Wasteland, Tectonic Edge, Mishras Factory, Mutavault, Rishadan Port,
Badlands, Blood Crypt, Dragonskull Summit, Barbarian Ring, Sulferous Springs, Graven Cairns, Blackcleave Cliffs, 7 Fetchlands

37 Cr.  +  6  Art. + 24 Spells + 33 Lands = 100

I am quite unsure about the following cards:

Wrench Mind ( additionnal discard, not the best one but playabel )
Anathemancer ( I played it in my last R/B Goblin Deck. Most of the time too slow and unimpressive )
Nether Shadow ( good guy ? Anyone got experiece with him ? )
Braids, Cabal Minion ( unsure ... )
Aether Vial ( I dont like the card. First turn its a strong , but in mid- and lategame its a bad topdeck. )
Unearth
Sinkhole ( good card, but what would you cut for it ... )
Sword of Light and Shadow
Go for the Throat

The Deck ist really fun to play. Its quite strong against any type of Blue-Based Control Decks. Against Aggro Deck you always have a chance to win by making card advantage with Flametonge Kave, Bitterblossom, Phyrexian Arena, Necropotence, Graveborn Muse, etc.. ( Just keep an eye on your life count ... that can be a Problem against really aggressive Red Decks ).
Quite Hard are Bant and U/G Aggro Control Decks. Your creatures just cant cope with the Powerlevel of Baneslayer, Tarmogoyf, Troll Ascetic, Doran and other Multicolored Friends ...

Got some ideas for the Deck ? What would you change about it ? I d like to increase a bit the speed of the Deck, but I dont see really how to ...

GoblinPiledriver

Don't cut Ogre Marauder for Phyrexian Crusader. The Crusader has Infect and not Wither, so you need 10 attacks on clear field to win with this creature while he deals no Damage to support all other creatures.

Why don't you cut Necropotence. Such card is only viable in  B-Sui or MBC where you have no red Lands. Replace it by Koth of the Hammer hes is quick and strong.
Also cut Sarkhan the Mad for Arcslogger he don't have any drawback.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

Noviomagus

thx for your suggestions.

hm, your probably right with the crusader. I thought of wither but infect doesnt support the deck.

Necropotence: I win lot of games because of this card. The Mana Base is really good in the deck with so it´s normally no Problem to cast it.

Arcslogger: Hm, not sure about him, never liked it. Maybe could give him a try but as u can see in the list above, i am trying to avoid RR in the casting cost. Its just a light red splash, the main theme is black sui.

Sarkhan the Mad: I like him. He fits really well in the deck. May be not the best Planeswalker out there but he has style ;)

Koth of The Hammer: Same Reason as for the Arcslogger. RR in the casting cost. But I could try him ... He fits well in the deck as Sarkhan does ...

more ideas ?

LasH

Add Pulse tracker for the 1cc vampire.

On the 4cc slot i would cut vampire noctornus for howling banshee.

Also consider running jinxed choker.

From your watchlist, i only suggest aether vial.

Noviomagus

Hi, thx for your ideas.

Pulse Tracker could be decent. I´ll cut guul draz vampire for it.

Vampire Nocturnus seems solid to me. I got some other Vampires so his ability wins sometimes the game.

Jinxed Choker could be an option, i´ll think about it.

still uncertain about the vial ...

cheers