Main Menu

U/W Blink/Bounce Control

Started by stony, 27-02-2011, 02:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stony

Hello ppl this is my first post here, and i would like some positive feedback on my courrent decklist :D

Lands

Mishra's Factory
Azorius Chancery
Tundra
Karakas
Wasteland
Celestian Colonnade
Glacial Fortress
Ancient Den (Trinket Mage target)
Seat of the Synod (Trinket Mage target)
Hallowed Fountain
Seachrome Coast
Adarkar Wastes
Marsh Flats
Flooded Strand
Misty Rainforest
Academy Ruins
Maze of Ith
Nimbus Maze
Faerie Conclave
Riptide Laboratory
Plain x8
Island x9

Creatures

Mother of Runes
Weathered Wayfarer
Stoneforge Mystic
Lone Missionary (not as bad as ppl think)
Spellstutter Sprite
Looter il-kor
Gilded Drake
Wall of Omens
Azorius Herald
Serendib Efreet
Aven Mindcensor
Vendilion Clique
Mangara of Corondor
Kitchen Finks
Flickerwisp
Man-o-war
Trinket Mage
Glen Elendra Archmage
Emeria Angel
Venser, Shaper Savant
Sower of Temptation
Mulldrifter
Baneslayer Angel
Sphinx of Lost Truths
Sunblast Angel
Sun Titan

Planewalkers

Jace Beleren
Jace, the Mind Sculptor
Elspeth, Knight-Errant
Gideon Jura
Venser, the Sojourner

Aftifact/Enchantment

Sensei's Divining Top
AEther Vial
Land Tax
Talisman of Progress
Isochon Scepter
Journey to Nowhere
Spreading Seas
Oblivion Ring
Sword of Light and Shadow
Sword of Fire and Ice
Crystal Shard
Control Magic
Treachery

Instant/Sorcery

Ancestral Vision
Sword to Plowshares
Orim's Chant
Stifle
Path to Exile
Ponder
Brainstorm
Disenchant
Into the Roil
Mana Drain
Momentary Blink
Counterspell
Dismantling Blow
Cryptic Command
Fact or Fiction
Gifts Ungiven
Day of Judgment
Wrath of God
Martial Coup

Thats it :D

plz let me know what you think could be improved :P

ty 4 the help everyone
Woop Woop

LasH

Look's pretty solid to me.

Some thoughts:
Force of will
Court Hussar
Riftwing cloudskate (might be to slow)
Umbilicus
Mimic Vat (seems pretty strong to me in your list)

stony

Super with some input <3
i do think alot of it is 2 slow 4 my metagame only think ill rly have to considder is Mimic Vat, will prolly test it :D
Woop Woop

MarcMagic

What about Curfew? Should fit into your deck. And FoW should be an autoinclude with so many blue cards + bounce effects.

Nastaboi

I have wanted to make a deck like this myself for some time. This list is not a bad start, but can be improved. LasH's suggestions are spot on except Umbiculus as I have found even Crystal Shard to be quite borderline.

Mana base: Add up to 7 fetchlands, they are far better than all other non-revised dual lands. Artifact lands are awful, just add Everflowing Chalice if you need to fetch mana with Trinket. You can cut a couple of lands an add some Signets and Talismans, they are very good. Add Tectonic Edge and Dust Bowl if you can.

Creatures: You're missing Glimmerpoint Stag and Sea Gate Oracle along with LasH's suggestions. Efreet has absolutely no synergy with the deck. I don't like Lone Missionary nor Azorius Herald but can't condemn you for playing them. Efreet and Emeria Angel have no synergy with the deck - the latter is ok though if you just like her. Sphinx and Spellstutter are cute but ineffective. Why not AEther Adept if Man-o'-War? I'd try also Exalted Angel, Plumeveil and Wall of Reverence despite them having no blink synergy.

Spells: More counters and mana stones. Scepter is too unreliable and forces you to run bad cards. I don't think I could justify running Trinket Mage just for Top, I'd add at least one of Relic of Progenitus/Briffle Effigy/Engineered Explosives (+splash sources). Land Tax is also pretty random.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

stony

Quote from: Nastaboi on 28-02-2011, 07:50:52 PM
I have wanted to make a deck like this myself for some time. This list is not a bad start, but can be improved. LasH's suggestions are spot on except Umbiculus as I have found even Crystal Shard to be quite borderline.

Mana base: Add up to 7 fetchlands, they are far better than all other non-revised dual lands. Artifact lands are awful, just add Everflowing Chalice if you need to fetch mana with Trinket. You can cut a couple of lands an add some Signets and Talismans, they are very good. Add Tectonic Edge and Dust Bowl if you can.

Creatures: You're missing Glimmerpoint Stag and Sea Gate Oracle along with LasH's suggestions. Efreet has absolutely no synergy with the deck. I don't like Lone Missionary nor Azorius Herald but can't condemn you for playing them. Efreet and Emeria Angel have no synergy with the deck - the latter is ok though if you just like her. Sphinx and Spellstutter are cute but ineffective. Why not AEther Adept if Man-o'-War? I'd try also Exalted Angel, Plumeveil and Wall of Reverence despite them having no blink synergy.

Spells: More counters and mana stones. Scepter is too unreliable and forces you to run bad cards. I don't think I could justify running Trinket Mage just for Top, I'd add at least one of Relic of Progenitus/Briffle Effigy/Engineered Explosives (+splash sources). Land Tax is also pretty random.

Alot of these changes you are suggesting will make the deck run alot solwer and thay is why i am not using them, Land tax is just awsome, glimmerstack and seagate have the synergy but are horribel creatures and that is just not worth it, i also thought they where before i started playing the deck.
Some creatures like emeria and Efreet are just so good in thier spot that the lack of synergy is okay, its also importend to be abel to put alot of preasure on super defensive decks like stacks.
Scepter is also a slot that i have argued with alot of ppl :D and they have said it wasent good enough until they have seen it in action, it wins sooo many games, and i dont see any useless cards that it is forcing me to run.
I will test explosives as another target, i still prefer the lands over challice, its just way to slow, you use 1 turn on getting it and 1 more on activating it, that is truely useless :D 

Even though i dont agree with alot of it i love the input.
Thx alot.
If you ever make the deck let me know, i think you will see some of the stuff im talking about :D if not well cant agree with everything ^^

Woop Woop

Maggot

From reading your decklist, I wouldn´t have come up with the idea that it´s an aggressive deck. It seems more like a midrange deck with some control influence.
Honestly the artifact lands are just bad, if you are so desperate tho fetch them with the trinket mage, your opp wil have the chance to destroy it very easily (all artifact removal and nonbasic hate), and you win nothing. If you want to run an artifact land as Trinket Mage target run Darksteel Citadel.
Court Hussar and Sea Gate Oracle are really good as they produce card advantage, also they help against really aggressive decks, you do run Wall of Omens after all which can´t attack and which doesn´t dig at all.

Cheers

Maggot

stony

Quote from: Maggot on 28-02-2011, 09:42:51 PM
From reading your decklist, I wouldn´t have come up with the idea that it´s an aggressive deck. It seems more like a midrange deck with some control influence.
Honestly the artifact lands are just bad, if you are so desperate tho fetch them with the trinket mage, your opp wil have the chance to destroy it very easily (all artifact removal and nonbasic hate), and you win nothing. If you want to run an artifact land as Trinket Mage target run Darksteel Citadel.
Court Hussar and Sea Gate Oracle are really good as they produce card advantage, also they help against really aggressive decks, you do run Wall of Omens after all which can´t attack and which doesn´t dig at all.

Cheers

Maggot

well atm im rly happy with the artifat lands :D but will take them up to considdertion.
i play rather offensive against control and i play more controll against aggro. what i love about the decck is that it can do both.
the reason i play the wall instead of the others is that it is 4 toughness against aggro thats rly good, another rly importend thing is that it is a 2 drop and im trying to streamline my dek to have a drop each turn, and i rly need the 2 drops instead of 3 :D

ty 4 the info champ <3
Woop Woop

cedzoh

hey
i will post my decklist below. i hope it can help you/give you some ideas

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
    1 [R] Savannah
    1 [RAV] Temple Garden
    1 [ON] Riptide Laboratory
    1 [ALA] Seaside Citadel
    1 [DIS] Breeding Pool
    1 [LG] Karakas
    1 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [DIS] Hallowed Fountain
    3 [MBS] Plains (1)
    5 [MBS] Forest (1)
    1 [ON] Flooded Strand
    1 [ON] Windswept Heath
    1 [R] Tropical Island
    1 [R] Tundra
    1 [WWK] Celestial Colonnade
    1 [WWK] Stirring Wildwood
    1 [TE] Wasteland
    1 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
    1 [DK] Maze of Ith
    4 [MBS] Island (1)
    1 [M11] Sunpetal Grove
    1 [M11] Glacial Fortress
    1 [EVE] Flooded Grove
    1 [SHM] Wooded Bastion
    1 [SHM] Mystic Gate
    1 [ON] Wooded Foothills
    1 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs

// Creatures
    1 [DD2] Man-o'-War
    1 [DD2] Mulldrifter
    1 [UL] Karmic Guide
    1 [DIS] Coiling Oracle
    1 [LRW] Galepowder Mage
    1 [PLC] Body Double
    1 [EVG] Wood Elves
    1 [SHM] Farhaven Elf
    1 [SOM] Trinket Mage
    1 [SH] Wall of Blossoms
    1 [SHM] Mistmeadow Witch
    1 [ARC] Duplicant
    1 [FD] Eternal Witness
    1 [M11] Acidic Slime
    1 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
    1 [FUT] Venser, Shaper Savant
    1 [MOR] Vendilion Clique
    1 [MOR] Reveillark
    1 [DDF] Kor Skyfisher
    1 [PLC] Stonecloaker
    1 [EVE] Flickerwisp
    1 [M11] Sun Titan
    1 [ROE] Wall of Omens
    1 [DDF] Triskelion
    1 [M11] AEther Adept
    1 [EVE] Glen Elendra Archmage
    1 [M11] Primeval Titan
    1 [SOM] Glimmerpoint Stag
    1 [SOM] Sunblast Angel
    1 [M11] Obstinate Baloth
    1 [M11] Sylvan Ranger
    1 [M11] War Priest of Thune
    1 [ROE] Sea Gate Oracle
    1 [RAV] Carven Caryatid
    1 [ARC] Yavimaya Dryad
    1 [US] Gilded Drake
    1 [TSP] Harmonic Sliver
    1 [M11] Clone
    1 [ARC] Wall of Roots
    1 [M11] Frost Titan
    1 [ARC] Fierce Empath

// Spells
    1 [DD2] Fact or Fiction
    1 [SHM] Turn to Mist
    1 [RAV] Compulsive Research
    1 [ARB] Wargate
    1 [TSP] Momentary Blink
    1 [MR] Crystal Shard
    1 [RAV] Chord of Calling
    1 [NE] Parallax Wave
    1 [V09] Gifts Ungiven
    1 [V09] Sensei's Divining Top
    1 [DDC] Otherworldly Journey
    1 [M10] Pithing Needle
    1 [DD2] Condescend
    1 [RAV] Remand
    1 [7E] Memory Lapse
    1 [EX] Erratic Portal
    1 [SOM] Venser, the Sojourner
    1 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    1 [RAV] Voyager Staff
    1 [LRW] Familiar's Ruse
    1 [WWK] Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 [M11] Mana Leak
    1 [ZEN] Spell Pierce

i play this deck for over 3 years now. sometimes with counters, sometimes with more ramp. i think counters are better, because they work good in all stages of the game. this deck is not very good in a 1on1 game. but even there it can do some nice stuff. over time i cutted many cards which did not fit the theme of the deck (wich is bounce/blink). i even cutted sword and path. nearly all the creatures have an etb effect, so i can abuse the bounce and blink spells and generate huge card advantage.

some cardchoices might not seem obvious. i will explain some of them:

-galepowder mage: one of the 3 creatures without etb-ability. but he does alot: blink blocker and hit for 3, but mostly blink my own creatures.
-Mistmeadow Witch: one of the 3 creatures without etb-ability. even better than galepowdermage, as i can blink more often in lategame and even protect my best creature.
-fieth empath: as plunder mage got released i thought about it, but than i saw that this is just better.
-Erratic Portal: just one mana more than the shard
-Voyager Staff: another card which blinks my guys. costs 1 mana, sun titan can get it back.

grizzledmage

Check out the deck I posted in the Deck Clinic at:

http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=508.0

I've made a few more changes since the last post there but it's very close to what I have now. Might see a few ideas there...