Main Menu

Tolarian Academy

Started by LasH, 11-04-2011, 09:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChristophO

I just goldfished the .mws file Tiggupiru posted a page or 2 back aorund a dozen times. Regarding that list it feels very powerful chaining draw 7 effects and abusing the Academy to snowball mana onto the battlefield and then making use of untap effects. Deserted Temple was very strong and can be easily found with the same tutors as the Academy itself. Often I would find a TA by turn 4 and then go (near)-infinite within two turns.

I believe turns 5 or 6 kills can be goldfished by nonblue agro decks however. Green based decks can interact via artifact destruction, blue based decks can counter the very important draw effects (the list is almost 50 percent land/artifact mana making it very threat light and a counter for the first draw 7 can be a death blow I believe).

Nevertheless this would have to be further examined with real testing not just goldfishing. There is also the option of swapping TA and Deserted Temple on the ban list to limit the abusiveness of Tolarian Academy without totally banning it (I do not know what would be best - I am just trying to show up some interesing options here).