Started by Vazdru, 04-11-2007, 12:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 04-10-2009, 01:57:31 AM
Players with less than 9 matches (benchmark for 11.10.09):

SirGalahad (7)
pyyhttu (7)
Mean_Tutor (7)

Season ended for this player because they do not reach the benchmark in time.

New pairings have been posted. There will be the last pairings for this season next week - rematches are possible.

Players with less than 11 matches (benchmark for 18.10.09):

coldcrow (9)
Zool (9)

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 04-10-2009, 01:57:31 AM

coldcrow (9)
Zool (9)

Coldcrow and Zool are out. Last pairings for this season have been posted. In the end everyone has 17 pairings (except sensenmann and me having 16).

Nastaboi has 12 wins, firestarter 11, goblinpiledriver, marchhare and peeler each 9 wins.

Far below the earth

Vazdru

Season VII ended, Final Ranking has been updated.

134 matches / 331 games have been played during the last weeks (in comparison Season VI: 89 matches / V: 96 matches / IV: 73 matches).

This time we've had a neck-and-neck-race between Nastaboi (best online HL player from outside Germany) and Firestarter (actually the most succesful German HL player).

And the winners are:

Nastaboi heads season VII in the end with a record of 13:4 matches and 29:13 games although he lost the "finale" against Firestarter (his 4 defeats were against Firestarter, Kavu24, Zool and marchhare). Like MErcator before he was able to win a second season.

Firestarter is runner-up with 13:4 matches either but 29:18 games. Damned close again!!! (his 4 defeats were against PuTe, Payron, me and marchhare)

So we come to third-placed marchhare with a record of 11:5 matches and 23:13 games. He was able to defeat both top-seeded players Nastaboi and Firestarter.

Congratulation to all of them!

The price for Nastaboi as Highlander are 5 Booster.

Prices donated by myself this time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season winners history:

Season 1: Sturmgott (1st) - Guardian (2nd) - Vazdru (3rd)
Season 2: MErcator (1st) - Mythrandrir (2nd) - Sturmgott (3rd)
Season 3: Vazdru (1st) - MErcator (2nd) - pyyhttu (3rd)
Season 4: MErcator (1st) - Nastaboi (2nd) - Payron (3rd)
Season 5: Nastaboi (1st) - Coldcrow (2nd) - Georg B (3rd)
Season 6: Goblinpiledriver (1st) - Payron (2nd) - Sturmgott (3rd)
Season 7: Nastaboi (1st) - Firestarter (2nd) - marchhare (3rd)
Far below the earth

Vazdru

[HLL]Ladder has been updated recently. Nastaboi is still on the top of our ladder as single player with a rating above 1700. Firestarter is already No. 3 after just one season! Marchare made it also to the Top 8 in just one strike. These guys are obviously absolute favorites for season VIII which has just begun. Pairings for week one have been posted.

And have a look what we have here (in brackets = [HLL]Ladder-Rank):

Firestarter (3) - Nastaboi (1)
Firestarter (3) - marchhare (7)
Sturmgott (6) - Payron (4
)

Right from the start we have a clash of favorites. Lets see who will be first off the mark!
Far below the earth

Vazdru

22 matches have been played during the first week. The_Ocean was able to play his 4 matches in the first 48 hours of his league-participation - good job  ;D He is actually the only one who played all of his matches already.

The favorites firestarter and Nastaboi each started with a 1-2 defeat -- good news for all other participants  ;)

Sturmgott and Mythrandir are standing on the top with a clean record of 2:0 matches and 4:0 games.
There are 8 players alltogether still undefeated.

Far below the earth

Nastaboi

My internet connection has been down since last Wednesday. Just sayin'.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Vazdru

Registration has been closed today.

Ranking updated. Still 4 undefeated guys:

Mythrandir (15p) / Sturmgott (12p) / Goblinpiledriver (12p) / -jfk- (9p)

and two other guys with 70%+ games percentage:

No Stress (12p) / Mr Green (9p)
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Ranking updated.

Still 3 participants w/o any losses:

Mytrandir (18 pts), Goblinpiledriver (18 pts), Sturmgott (15 pts)

One month before the invitationals (http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=329.0) we have following Top 8 of our [HLL]Ladder:

1. Goblinpiledriver
2. Nastaboi
3. Sturmgott
4. Mercator
5. firestarter
6. Payron
7. marchhare
8. Mythrandir

The invitational tournament is going ot take place if 5 of the Top 8 are willing to participate. The winner also get the title "HL Online Champion 2009"  ;)

Far below the earth

Sensenmann

After solving some mayor problems regarding my Windows XP and a new installation of Windows I am unable to open MWS. I get following error code: 0xc0150004. I tested my system with several Programs (hijackthis, ccleaner, chkdisk, testdisk...) deinstalled (including all registry entries) and reinstalled MWS with no success. Finally I typed the error code in google and found no solution I've not tried yet, except formating the whole disc and make a new installation of Windows which I just did >:(.

If any of you have a solution for my problem I would be delighted to hear it. I will search for a solution in the upcoming week, but if nothing helps I will have to drop out of the league for this season, as I'm not willing to format my harddrive and make a clean install of windows for now.

Thanks for any help!

pyyhttu

What's the whole error message? I guess you are getting: 'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150004)'? If so, have you by any chance re-installed an OEM version of Windows that was pre-activated with your computer? In that case your OS is likely pre-loaded with crapware and MWS might have a conflict with them.

If not, then I can't suggest anything else that your mws installation file (setup.exe or something) was corrupted during download.

Sensenmann

Hey pyyhttu,
the case you are describing is totally correct. I had several computer problems (USB-Root-Hub had driver issues which couldn't be handled whether by updating the driver nor deinstalling and re-installing them) so that I re-installed my OEM version of Windows. Do you have any experience which crapware is causing this problem? If you like, I'll send you a  HijackThis-log for further details of my system.

pyyhttu

No need, it could be any one of them and I have no experience what-so-ever when it comes to faulty OEM windows, so I would be of little help. Your best bet is just to see and try to uninstall them all and see if that helps. If not, go further and use some crawler to clean the registry of their last remnants, as I doubt they are not well-behaved software (they leave the registry contaminated with all sorts of crap, remember to backup the registry).

If that doesn't help, well... then you either have to get somewhere a "proper" retail Windows which you are allowed to install on any hardware platform without the OEM bundle crap, unless you google some other root cause for that error message.

Or then you could dedicate some (2 Gb is plenty) free disk space, get, say VirtualBox, install Ubuntu or whatever modern Linux distro on it, and run MWS through Wine in there (pervert installation, but this works fine). This way you don't have to uninstall your current OEM Windows.

Or if you are an oddball, you could try another no-cost operating system that is binary compatible with Windows, so MWS *should* work (no guarantees). See: http://www.reactos.org/en/index.html

Sorry, I don't have any easy fixes to offer in your case.

Sensenmann

Thanks for the quick response!

I won't do it with virtual box. You are right, that is pervert: Running Linux in a virtual environment and than emulate windows ;D.

I will search for another solution. When I find one, I will come back and post it here. Till then I won't be able to play any MWS-Games, sorry.

Nastaboi

My internet connection is back, beware.
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

marchhare