Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season II

Started by MErcator, 12-02-2008, 06:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mythrandir

Mythrandir VS georg B 5c control VS zoo-like-deck (i think)
2-0

game 1:  me: 1st turn mishras factory, his first turn: lotus petal + land + boros swiftblade.
fortunately i had in hand maze of ith, engineered explosives, pernicious deed and some lands. i´ve played maze on 2nd.. he played rancor + mogg fanatic.. if it werent for the maze a 3/3 trample double strike on 2nd turn would hurt... i´ve played some lands deed (he lost 2 critters, and the explosives for more 2 critters..) after that i played etched oracle 4/4, loxodon hierach (which i tutored for) and a shriekmaw on another of his creature. gg, he had a killer start, but my hand was very good.

game 2: he played thran quarry + lion. i played land, he played black vise. i played another land (and then made a huge mistake.. noob mistake.. =/) i could have lightninh helix his lion and he would lose his thran quarry.. well, live and learn.
he then played some critters i searched for a collective restraint (for 3 basic land types.. never got the other 2...) which crippled his aggro power. he played a burning tree shaman and left me at 3pt. i then tapped his land on upkeep with rishadn.. however he had a wild cantor, and could have sacrificed it to attack me and i would lose, instead he played a emberwilde augur. next turn i played deeed, and cleared the table. i was left at 1pt for a few turns, but eventually with a "recurring" lightning helix and garruk in play i was able to win the game.

apart from the mistakes, it were some good games

Vazdru

Georg B (Zoo) - Vazdru (B/R-Aggro)

2:0

1st Game: Crappy first hand - Keep Swamp + Demonic, get Zo-Zu, Skizzik, Land, Land, Ruination. He plays first: Isamaru, Me: Land. His 2nd Turn: Land, Jakal Pup, Savannah Lions, Me: Demonic for Mogg Fanatic, Third Turn: Attacks for 6 + Helix, I'm down to 9, Play Mogg Fanatic, keep back Lightning Bolt (should have played it in my turn).
4th Turn win for Georg: He attacks with everything, i block Savannah Lions with Mogg Fanatic, Lightning Bolt on Isamaru -> he playes Giant Growth -> I'm down to 2 -> Burned

2nd Game: Similar to first game except i lived a bit longer :) In deed while lp 3:4 in my favour i've had leathal damage on the board next round (emberwilde augur) - but he killed my right in time.

Really good games - his deck is quite nice!
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

Payron (Boros) - Vazdru (5C-Stuffy-Control)

0:2

1st game: he plays first: mogg fanatic, 2nd turn Bone splitter, 3rd turn Vial - I played signet, signet, explosives for 1 -  he played kataki + goblin legonionaire - me intuition, eternal witness -> intuition / then came Magus of the Moon, in response intuition for Helix, Kavu, Shriekmaw + topdecked Zuran Orb for the win

2nd game: had 2 fetchies, swords, vindicate, shriekmaw, wall of blossoms -> he was screwed so easy win in the end
Far below the earth

Georg B

I lost 1-2 against pyyhttu.
The rebels are quite strong.

MErcator

MErcator : Pyyhttu
1 : 2

1st game i was rushed with mother of runes, amrou scout, mishra's factory and a searched mirror entity
my moat was counterned as my condemn while beeing attacked with three 6/6 creatures

Second i was on the play and had turn 4 magus of the tabernacle; he had STP but the shackles next turn was nearly game
i resolved mindslaver and afterwards a austere command

3rd game i was on the draw an was allways one step behind; i searched for moat which met a disenchant
the shackles on turn 5 were allready too late, because he had rushing river and lethal damage with blade of the sixth pride, mishra's factory and other critters

Mythrandir

Mythrandir VS Sturmgott 2-0 5c control VS blue skies

game 1: first turns he played mutavault, island, lightning greaves, bonesplitter and aether vial, my first turns played lands, wall of blossom, garruk. he then played some critters and i took some damage. on my turn a played a "holy FOF" (deed + regrowth + sudden shock + venser + brainstorm) i kept in my hand deed + venser. i played deed took some more damage and on my next turn cleared the board, only levaing my garruk :) for the kill.

game 2: he plays black vise on turn 1 (auch for me), i play a maze of ith on my second, which kept me from taking more damage. , i played a demonic tutor which was countered via force spike.. :(.  he played aether vial and some creatures my next move was darsteel ingot and killed some of his critters with fire/ice and cleared my hand to 4 (no more black vise), played trygon predator and eventually a eternal witness for my fire//ice he conceded.

a very important note is that sturmgott only got 2 lands in BOTH his games.. if he had more lands probabbly the outcome would be different specially in game 2 because he had vedalken shackles and thwart.

Georg B

Georg (4c SuiZoo) vs Sturmgott (WWu)

He was flooded and I had some amazing starts.

Payron

Georg vs Payron
  0   vs   2

Had quite good Hands against aggro in both games - first game was like a damage race, second game was like a starting hand with 3 lands and Big game hunter and Bone Shredder and Nekrataal ... drawed into Survival and it was gg

Mythrandir

Mythrandir VS Pyyhttu 5c control VS WU weenie/rebel? (his blue part didnt quite showed itself..bad draws?)
2-0

game 1 was very balanced until almost to the ned (gg): he had a very good start with some weenies creatures (rebel searching) and empyrial plate and memory mask (which gave him a nice card advantage). i played call of the herd + etched oracle plus FB the call. it he hit each until we were both at the same (more or less 10pts) life points. a necromancy on his discarded aven riftwatcher gave my some advatange, but he destroy my oracle. finally i played krosan grip on his plate. by that time i had the upper hand and was attacking with en elephant and a 3/3 mishras factory (thks to vesuva). he was left at 3pts, the final blow was intuition for lightning helix, demonfire, regrowth.
very nice game - when he searched for the defiant falcon and attached the plate + plate i thought i was a goner.. GG :)

game 2 i had more control since the beginning: he played the vanila 3/1 rebel (again) and armoru scout, and plate (again). I played tabernacle, wall of blossom, engineered explosives for 2; 5th turn collective restraint for 5 gave me the win. he attacked with only 1 creature and was always tapped out, but even this way i was left at 10pts. he serched for thermal glider. and kept attacking me. i play venser on his glider and played gifts ungiven for doran, lightning angel, loxodon elephant and shriekmaw (shriekmaw and angel to hand). i killed his glider with shriek and attacked with the angel, by this time i already had mishras factory + vesuva "combo" and cropped rotation the tabernacle for nantuko monastery and won the game.

nice ggs, though he never drew a single counter.

Vazdru

Sturmgott (Blue Skies) - Vazdru (B/R-Aggro)

1st Game: First Turn Genju, but then missed some landdrops, finally got Mutavault - but i only had the chance to hurt once with  genju - second try -> bounce. Close game till  the end. He had Bonesplitter, Mask of Memories for more card quality in the end for the win.

2nd Game: Again no good draw for me (Tormod's Crypt, Wrecth, Yailer, Magus of the Moon...) and easy win in the end for Sturmgott.

2:0 Gratz

Far below the earth

MErcator

MErcator : Payron (gobo : BG survival)
2 : 1

First game was a real flood for payron who played solemn 3 times. I had a bit beatdown with gobos (matron, mad auntie, piledriver...)
the second game was slow for me, with arc-slogger and moggcather in my opening hand
he had a good start with troll ascet and rancor, which got also equipped with sword (light/shadow)
i got the cather online, and he played survival in addition
there was one tricky play, when i searchen goblin goon to block an he played big game hunter via survival madness. i could sac the goon in an mogg raider an he had to kill his troll
after that i felt quite winning, until he played corpse dance and  killed me with it

the 3rd was not that interessting, because he had  to go to 6 cards and was a bit screwed
i started fast and played goblin pyromancer and went in for 14 dmg. unfortunatly he had a block and i sacced the pyromancer in a prospector. so the goblins lived
after that he had 2 search for mana and i could wait for the final burn

Georg B

MErcator (Rb Gobbos) vs Georg (5c Stuffy Control)

Sturmgott

Sturmgott (BlueSkies) vs. Mercator (Rb Gobbos) 2:0

Mythrandir

Mythrandir 5c control VS Sturmgott blue skies
2-1

i dont recall the plays, but the first and second game were awesome.

game 1: he was a little mana flood but he just outdrew me with my own shadowmage (gilded drake) and phantom seer and other draw cards.. but a very good matche.

game 2: was an excellent game too. i had 2 maze of ith (with vesuva) and collectiva restraint in play for 5, so i had the the upperhand and eventually and i was able to put an eternal dragon in play and win.

game 3: wasnt very nice (specially for sturmgott). his only plays for some turns were only counters (garruk, intuition, etc.. very good counters..) but he soon ran out of them and drew nothing good... it didnt seem like an aggro deck at all.. he only played 1 or 2 creatures.. i had deed, collective restraint, garruk (via regrowth), etched oracle and then exalted angel plus demonfire for the final blow.

game 3 sucked.. :( but the other two were very nice, with some very good plays from both players.

Georg B

Sturmgott (blue skies) vs. Georg (5c Control)

One game he had a Winter Orb and an AEther Vial, but I had 2 mana artifacts and a Collective Restraint.
That was a long match.