Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season II

Started by MErcator, 12-02-2008, 06:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mythrandir

Mythrandir (5c control) VS Pyyhttu (WU weenie/rebel)
2:1

game 1: my first moves were flagstone + land + crop rotation (flagstones) and went for a tabernacle. his first moves were land, amrou scout, and mishras factory. i eventually krosan gripped his activated factory and he had no more lands so he conceded.

game 2: was super fast. he played raise the alarm. dealt me some damage and played empyrial plate for two attacks of 7.. so i didnt have much of a chance.. i even pull out a FTK on an unequipped token and blocked the other one.. but just delayed the final blow with a psionic blast. gg. very fast.

game 3: was more balanced. i played a wall of blossom which kept his blade of the 6th pride (equipped with a "fetched" mirror mask) from attacking. he pulled out an standstill, which kept us from doing anything for 4/5 turns till i played a call of the herd (by that time i had vindicate, mana drain, sudden shock, putrefy, wog... in other words loads of removal) so he played som creatures until he emptied his hand and my removal. then i played brion + the 2nd elephant token and venser on his isamaru.. too many removal for him.

ggs. i still feel that the blue part of the his deck is a little bit off..

Vazdru

Georg B (5C-Stuffy-Control) - Vazdru (5C-Stuffy-Control)
0:2

1st game took 1.30h, he had the better start with life-engine - fortunately i've found Claws + Tolaria West for Crypt but he had already a huge card-advantage via Cycle-Lands - at this point i've got my lftl-engine for the win -> Crypt = the Difference = Matchwinner

2nd game 20 min, i've had a pretty good start with Mana Drain, Eternal Dragon, Darksteel Ingot, Schriekmaw, Solemn Simulacrum, Flagstones + Crop Rotation

Solemn Simulacrum -> He Kavu -> Me Schriekmaw -> He Wall of Blossoms -> Me Hardcast Exalted Angel -> He Hierarch -> STP -> He Lightning Bolt Shriekmaw + Exalted Angel face down -> Me Animate Dead on Shriekmaw for the win
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

MErcator

MErcator (Gobo) : Pyyhttu (5C-Oath)
2 : 1

First game was oath, akroma and solitary cinfinement + LftL
can't quite remember the second, but i drew enough burn after he closed the ground with moat
Third he had exploration turn one but only 4 lands the whole game
i resolved blistering firecat and killed via sharpshooter and burn the turn akroma came into play with oath

Vazdru

Payron (WB-Discard)- Vazdru (5CC-Stuffy-Control)

2-1

First Game: Server crashed after 20 min - slight advantage for him at this moment.

Second First Game: I've won in a quite close game via Demonic Tutor -> Lightning Helix + Farie Conclave attack while he had 6 LP + Arena

Second Game: Obi-Gang Shinobi + Hynoptic Specter have been stronger than my LftL-Engine + Maze + Kor Haven - he Tutored Wasteland in last round for the win.

Third Game: Again close with better start for me - Game totally changed when he played Necropotence with 17 lp left and one hand card. Again i've had Mishra, Faerie, Zuran Orb, Life from the Loam, Maze, Karakas but i wasn't able to handle his mass of creatures and discard. I've made a big mistake trying to take control his ink-eyes with karakas.

Nice deck - good hands - decent matches -> congratz
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Sturmgott (Blue Skies) - Vazdru (Tokenmania)

1st Game: First Turn Flier, Second Turn Lightning Greaves, afterwards Shuko Dreamstalker  - Lightning Greaves for the win - I was flooded and far to slow

2nd Game: Keep Wall of Roots, Utopia Tree, Sakura-Tribe Elder + Goblin Bombardement -> He go down to 6 and 1st Turn Bonesplitter, Second Turn Protection Red Flyer, Later Shuko -> 4 Dam each Turn for the win + B2B

I've had Squirrel Nest - one turn missing in the end

2:0
Far below the earth

Mythrandir

Mythrandir VS Payron 5c control VS suicidal black.
2:1

Mythrandir VS Payron 5ccontrol VS 5c control
1:2

well, good games overall. i lost a game due to mana screw on the mirro control game... was down to 76cards and had only 5 lands =/, the game crashed eventually but i gave him the win.
the third game was really intense.. he casted lightning angel on 4th turn i mana drain and then thoughcasted decree for two angels. but he then played mirari wake + palynchron + necromancy on his angel. i left him at 1lt.. and i had brion on the table!!! but he then played academy rector + starstorm and cleared my board.. searhced for a decree of silence, and that was the end.. gg

Vazdru

pyyhttu (Oath) - Vazdru (NewBoros aka KithkinSoldiers)

First game has been horrible: My first 7 cards gave me one land -> i keep Land, PoP, Solitari Trooper -> no land the next 4 cards

-> Mulligan to 6 -> 1 Land, crappy hand
-> Mulligan to 5 -> No Land
-> Mulligan to 4 -> No Land
-> Mulligan to 3 -> No Land
-> Mulligan to 2 -> No Land - gg

Second Game -> He Played first Turn Land, Mox Diamond, Discard Land, i play disenchant second Turn, he missed some land drops and two soldiers have done their work

Third Game -> He crop rotated to Tabernacle -> i played Wasteland; he played Oath -> i played Ronom Unicorn // i played also Land Tax, Militias Pride, Raise the Alarm, Cenn's Heir and Avian Changeling for reach a critical mass for the win

1-2

Far below the earth

Sturmgott

Sturmgott vs. Pyhhtu (or whatever the name is spelled):

Match 1: 2-0

Match 2: 2-0

Blue Skies vs. Reveillark Combo

pyyhttu

Match 1:
Reveillark combo along Aluren isn't exactly the most forgiving deck for mistakes but the test games with this deck against Sturmgott were very valuable.

Game 1:
I start with a first turn mana elf as Sturmgott amasses some land. Second turn Yavimaya Elder then meets Force Spike and from this point on some second turn random flier hits play on Frank's side. I try to pressure with Rock style beatdown by playing a third turn Ravenous Baloth but opponent has an answer in form of Sigil of Sleep which I let to bounce the Baloth until I get something else I can cast. A topdecked Karmic Guide comes to play which I use to alternate combo strategy: A chump block to buy some time and get it to grave for combo. Later a Gifts of Ungiven fetches me Reveillark and I start the loop for very large Carrion Feeder but it's too late as Sturmgott has a flying and equipped army on the other side which delivers fatal blow.

Game 2:
Starting hand looks like a good possible combo strategy containing Essence Warden and Saffi Eriksdotter which I get to play on turns 1 and 3. On sturmgott's side Saphire Medallion hastens the play by following Vendilion Clique which I remember severely disrupting my defenses by putting Spike Weaver on the bottom of the deck. From this point on, Sturmgott gets some serious card advantage with Curiosity + Standstill and later with gush, where as I remember drawing nothing useful (Blue mana!) and die Gifts + Coiling Oracle in my hands; pesky flying men killed me again.

I don't have logs from match 2 but remember first match was again very close for combokill, but I made a play mistake by tutoring Genesis and not e.g. Saffi to establish loop for reveillark victory. Sturmgott had again steady flow of cheap and efficient equipped flying men. Nonetheless, GGs.

MErcator

MErcator (UW-C) : Payron (5C survival, reminded me of UG)

First game was critter and than gadock teeg with me having 2 wrath effects but no solution...
Second game i had early Exalted angel (got handled with bone shredder) and Teferi. After academy rector got blown by oblivion stone it was game.
3rd was rather long. I played 2 wrathes and then had meloku and future sight. when i reached sensei's top it was game.

MErcator

MErcator (UW-C) : Mytrandir (5C-C)
2 : 0

After 2 server-crashes we managed 2 play today. First game Mytrandir was screwed even, when i had allready Future sight and Sensei's top. I had counter backup and could kill him in severell ways, but he played it through and  made me afraid of a trick. So it took some time.
Second game i held a one land hand with talisman. I hand concentrate, vengeance and could seach for Back to basics.
Certainly i was a little screwed, but could threaten with BtB, so not much happend. He had a P. Deed for a trinket mage and 2 mana stones on my side. Not much happend afterwards. What was played got countered. I found Thawing glacier and so could perfectly sit it out. After some combat about eternal dragon and descendant of kyomaro i resolved BtB and that was game, as i had 8 basics and mytrandir one. 

MErcator

MErcator (Gobo) : Vazdru (BW...?)

First game was pretty fast over. I had 1st turn Goblin lackey and put Zo-Zu and Siege Gang into play.
In Addition i had wasteland, so that i killed Vazdru, when he was still on 3 mana. He had the wrath...

Second game he went first and was off with mox diamont and Phyrexian Arena. I had sulfuric vortex and so he got 3 dmg each turn. I think i made a misstake, by killing a graveborn muse with a lightning bolt. During the game he went down to 3 life, but could eventuelly handle the vortex and then gain enough life to win easily with his card advantage.

3rd game Vazdru played Land tax. But i could play spells without laying more lands. So i evolved quite slowly. with 3 land i played Goblin recruiter and went off with warchief, ringleader and the guys. I then decided that doing pressure was better for me, than getting out of the srcew for him. I played land 4 and made siege gang with prospector, after he could kill my warchief. He could play dragoons for 5 life, but i had a bounce and goblin pyromancer to deal about 37 dmg. The pildedriver got handled, so it was less dmg i did, but i was enough.

Payron

Pyyhttu (survival U/G/b)  vs Payron  (Zoo)

0:2 for me ... sry can't write pretty much because I don t have that much time ...

First game: It was in my Eyes pretty much over when he layed down Survival 2nd turn and I had no solution in my Hand (and the whole game) ... He did some mistakes in my eyes and could of easily win with a Saffi - Crypt Champion - Essence warden loop ... but sry when it sounds hard .. he messed it up

Second game: I had a pretty nice hand with good pressure ... and he was flooded like hell ... guess who won :( .. sry man

Payron

I just know that I played 2:0 against Georg ... but I did messed up because I didn t reported this right away and don t even know what decks we played .. so sry guys

Vazdru

Quote from: Payron on 24-04-2008, 06:41:06 PM
I just know that I played 2:0 against Georg ... but I did messed up because I didn t reported this right away and don t even know what decks we played .. so sry guys

That means you've won twice vs. Georg with 2:0 ? Cause first match is already reported with that result.
Far below the earth