Main Menu

It's the End of the Year … Tournament Weekend!

Started by Vazdru, 08-10-2012, 08:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

SirGalahad

How about an announcement on the frontpage?

Doks

Sounds very promising. Maybe I can get my people to car-pool and drive down there.

ChristophO

Already know of one car from Hamburg going there including me of course  ;D
So see you all there!

SirGalahad

Am i missing something? What's the problem with putting an announcement for the biggest annual tournament in Germany on the frontpage?

This is, why tournament highlander is decreasing slowly...

Vazdru

Quote from: SirGalahad on 16-10-2012, 01:42:48 AM
Am i missing something? What's the problem with putting an announcement for the biggest annual tournament in Germany on the frontpage?

This is, why tournament highlander is decreasing slowly...

plz cool down as long you don't have any profound information ::)

I wrote JK a message if he would like to have some extra promotion - e. g. organize some trials, possibility of pre-register ... - for free as a matter of course - no reaction yet

we didn't get involved in any decision concerning that end-of-year-hl-tournament - in contrast to last years

it's still a nice tournament but i don't see any reason to make more promotion for it than for any other

i gave JK my phone and handy-no already three times if i remember correctly - all he has to do is to call me or anyone else of the council (or to write a short E-Mail) and i will give him same support as in the years before
Far below the earth

SirGalahad

I really don't care, if the council or anybody else is involved in any decisions concerning this particular tournament, it's still the presumably biggest tournament for our community throughout the year. So why not make some announcement for the community?

This is not about making promotion for the organizer, but for the community. The big thing here is just to talk about such events. You don't have to organize trials or anything, just use every possible channel to get people to know about such events. And that's what i said in my previous posting. Maybe my tone was a little bit to harsh, but i waited one week after my first posting for an answer or the frontpage announcement, neither happened. So i tried to shake things up a little bit, which seemed to work.

But if this really matters that much, i will talk to JK at the Spiel on Saturday and tell him to write you an email.

And by the way, you manage to have every tournament in Karlsruhe on the frontpage, but not any other tournament in the last two or three months (i.e. Dortmund), so maybe some criticism might be appropriate.

Vazdru

First of all: an announcement for the community has been posted - this thread! If you wanna have it in every possible channel noone is hindering you. Have you send a personal request to derStefan82 already to post it on mainpage and if so, when did ya(before or after critiques)? On which other channels we can read your announcements for this tournament?

Btw. plz reflect who made the announcement for the tournament - it wasn't you or JK if i remember correctly neither i received any personal requests to do so

Anyhow - I translated your criticism as personal request and added the end of year-tournament to tournament-link yet

Secondly: noone ever asked me to put an announcement for Dortmund or any other tournament on the frontpage neither i've got any requests of TO they would like to post it - i would be pleased if that gonna happen - so don't blame me for posting my tournament-dates as TO for TNM on the front page

Btw. i don't even know the tournament dates for Dortmund so how could i make any announcements?

and no ... we don't scan www for hl tournaments for adding on main-page, if a TO want an announcement in tournament-links he/she just has to contact us and it will happen
Far below the earth

derStefan82

To the tournament section in the right area of the mainpage:
Normaly TO's like Berlin, Karlsruhe, Mannheim, Würzburg are contacting it with their relevant data like Address, max. Players, Fee and dates that we can make it available.

In an ideal world we would get more requests like this to publish any highlander event on this site.

If you think we should announce the Year-End-Event on the mainpage please get in contact then I will do it.
I agree with you that the main goal should be max. players on events (every).

MMD

Quote from: Vazdru on 17-10-2012, 08:21:04 PM
Secondly: noone ever asked me to put an announcement for Dortmund or any other tournament on the frontpage neither i've got any requests of TO they would like to post it - i would be pleased if that gonna happen - so don't blame me for posting my tournament-dates as TO for TNM on the front page

Btw. i don't even know the tournament dates for Dortmund so how could i make any announcements?

and no ... we don't scan www for hl tournaments for adding on main-page, if a TO want an announcement in tournament-links he/she just has to contact us and it will happen

Wrong. Please free to read my request in the tournament forum: http://www.magicplayer.org/forum/index.php?topic=828.0

Nobody replied to my request nor followed it. Finally Dortmund tournament is online but it took just 2 months to do so. Dont know what the problem was. There are just a handful of tournament series and it is VERY EASY to get the proper information. So please dont tell us we have not asked for quoting the tournament nor that the tournament information was not available.

However it is now online, so I am OK but it feels like the site operators are not very active beside their local community.

Feel free to browse through my MKM account:

http://www.magickartenmarkt.de/index.php?mainPage=showSellerChart&idInfoUser=13199

I also have a huge amount of chinese and japanese foil HL staples not listed yet,  which I would like to downgrade to english foil. Just let me know!

Vazdru

Quote from: MMD on 19-10-2012, 05:51:38 AM

Finally Dortmund tournament is online but it took just 2 months to do so. Dont know what the problem was. There are just a handful of tournament series and it is VERY EASY to get the proper information. So please dont tell us we have not asked for quoting the tournament nor that the tournament information was not available.

However it is now online, so I am OK but it feels like the site operators are not very active beside their local community.

hmmm...maybe there is a slight difference between personal request and some posting  ???

i'm pretty sure u haven't read each posting on this side too, right? i can't remember I've ever read the post before and if i did so, maybe i just eyeballed it...honestly I don't know

I wonder why u've waiten 2 month for any reaction, maybe sometimes an action is the better option - isn't it?

even if u don't sure where to adress your request it would have been easy to contact (PM) any guy of the hl council (i would have adressed it to each one - easy thing)

so did SirGalahad two days ago - it took 1 hour and we complied with his request, this is imo the way it should go

and just as clarification: i'm NOT the site operator but just a random dude of the hl council who wants to support the format like all of us and try to keep things going
Far below the earth

Nastaboi

So. The three most vocal Finns on this forum are coming, along with a supporting cast. Be prepared!
Quote0:13:51 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi plays Invincible Hymn from Hand
0:14:25 [Nastaboi] Nastaboi's life total is now 221 (+213)

Vazdru

Quote from: Nastaboi on 05-11-2012, 08:16:35 PM
So. The three most vocal Finns on this forum are coming, along with a supporting cast. Be prepared!

Great  ;D cya there!
Far below the earth

derStefan82

Great news, I'm looking forward to see you guys again.

MMD

Quote from: Nastaboi on 05-11-2012, 08:16:35 PM

Great! Another argument for me to join in although the date is very inconvenient for me. It seems I have to accept a marital dispute and go there come what come may.

If I manage to come there I can only say:                
HAHAHA, prepare to get pwnd! ;)
Feel free to browse through my MKM account:

http://www.magickartenmarkt.de/index.php?mainPage=showSellerChart&idInfoUser=13199

I also have a huge amount of chinese and japanese foil HL staples not listed yet,  which I would like to downgrade to english foil. Just let me know!