Main Menu

Dortmund 09.03.2013

Started by MMD, 10-03-2013, 09:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMD

10 players (We need more players! - What can we do to convince you?)

Top 4

1st – Junk  
2nd – UR Control
3rd – Naya
4th - Boros
5th-10th - Ubased Control or Good Stuff
(deck lists will follow)

Match report

1st round - Boros
I am used to loose the die roll against Red aggro and awaited a 0-1 but was "lucky" with a mulligan 5 for him in Game 3.
1-0

2nd round - UR control
I came out the gates too fast and was able to win under a Blood Moon just in time, lost the second game against an even faster Blood Moon but finally destroyed him in the final game with high toughness creatures and a SoFaI.
2-0

3rd round - 4C Goodstuff (creature toolbox)
Lost the 1st game against opponents topdecks but overrolled him G2+3 with a little help of Aether Vial and an endless flow of creatures.
3-0

4th round - Naya
I felt disadvantaged in this match but had a good combination of cheap instant removal and haste/flash creatures which ruined his game state evaluation.
4-0

Deck report

I wanted to give Junk a try against the expected Ubased control meta and was right. Unfortunately I was paired against 100% of the remaining aggro decks as well  :-\

I am happy that I Top3rd with this "pile of Junk", so I am now "allowed" to build another deck for the next tournamant. I wanted to play a greedy mana base but overextended with it as I had a lot of mana problems yesterday. I am sure that I have not mastered the Junk deck design yet.

But I also learned that some iffy cards are much better than you think mainly because they are unexpected. Some examples: Wolfir Avenger ate some attackers and smashed faces afterwards and Wilt-Leaf Liege destroyed the opponents calculation of "who is the aggro" and transformed my tiny elves and utility bears into attacking monsters.

In the last minute I exchanged some cheap aggro stuff like Loam Lion and Skyshroud Elite with 4CC quasi haste stuff (Wilt Leaf Liege, Sublime Archangel, Vengevine) and was happy with it. All these (quasi)haste/flash stuff is unexpected in this colour combination and forces the opponents into miscalculations.

Here is the list I have piloted yesterday:

The Junk Pile

Arid Mesa
Bayou
Bloodstained Mire
Brushland
Caves of Koilos
City of Brass
Fetid Heath
Flooded Strand
Forest
Godless Shrine
Horizon Canopy
Llanowar Wastes
Marsh Flats
Misty Rainforest
Overgrown Tomb
Plains
Polluted Delta
Razorverge Thicket
Savannah
Scrubland
Swamp
Temple Garden
Treetop Village
Twighlight Mire
Verdant Catacombs
Volrath´s Stronghold
Wasteland
Windswept Heath
Wooded Bastion
Wooded Foothills

Arbor Elf
Avacyn´s Pilgrim
Aven Mindcensor
Birds of Paradise
Blade Splicer
Dark Confidant
Deathrite Shaman
Doran, the Siege Tower
Dreg Mangler
Elves of the Deep Shadow
Fauna Shaman
Fyndhorn Elves
Gaddock Teeg
Hero of Bladehold
Kitchen Finks
Knight of the Reliquary
Llanowar Elves
Loxodon Smiter
Mirran Crusader
Mother of Runes
Noble Hierarch
Primeval Titan
Putrid Leech
Quasali Pridemage
Restoration Angel
Scavenging Ooze
Shriekmaw
Silverblade Paladin
Skinshifter
Stoneforge Mystic
Strangleroot Geist
Sublime Archangel
Tarmogoyf
Tidehollow Skuller
Vengevine
Wilt-Leaf Liege
Wolfir Avenger

Bitterblossom
Blackmail
Demonic Tutor
Despise
Dismember
Duress
Eladamri´s Call
Elspeth, Knight Errant
Garruk Relentless
Gerrard's Verdict
Ghastly Demise
Green Suns Zenith
Hymn to Tourach
Inquisition of Kozilek
Liliana of the Veil
Lingering Souls
Maelstrom Pulse
Natural Order
Oblivion Ring
Parallax Wave
Path to Exile
Slaugther Pact
Snuff Out
Sword of Feast and Famine
Sword of Fire and Ice
Swords to Plowshares
Sylvan Library
Tainted Pact
Thoughtseize
Vindicate
Worldly Tutor
Feel free to browse through my MKM account:

http://www.magickartenmarkt.de/index.php?mainPage=showSellerChart&idInfoUser=13199

I also have a huge amount of chinese and japanese foil HL staples not listed yet,  which I would like to downgrade to english foil. Just let me know!

MMD

Feel free to browse through my MKM account:

http://www.magickartenmarkt.de/index.php?mainPage=showSellerChart&idInfoUser=13199

I also have a huge amount of chinese and japanese foil HL staples not listed yet,  which I would like to downgrade to english foil. Just let me know!

Doks