Main Menu

[Hamburg, GER] Monthly HL at Ollis Spielecenter - next Date: 12.04

Started by ChristophO, 27-12-2013, 02:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChristophO

Hi everybody,

the first post in this thread will always contain the next Highlander tournaments at Ollis Spielecenter near S Holstenstraße in Hamburg.
There will be at least one tournament every month. We also plan to offer a "bigger" tournament come Summertime with starting fee 10 to 15 euros
and card prices for top 3 at least (so keep checking the board!)

Upcoming events:
12.04 @11:00 for 5€ (1,5 Boosters/player price pool)
04.05 @11:00 for 12€ (3 Boosters/player + undisclosed card price for the winner)

Past tournaments:
11.01 @11.00 (12 players)
08.02 @11:30 (15 players)
23.03 @11.00 (21 players)

ChristophO

12 players - 4 rounds

10 - White Weenie
9  - 5c Winter Orb Stax
9  - UB Control
9  - 4c Blood
7  - GW Beats
7  - BUG Oath Control
6  - UW AggroControl
4  - Esper AggroControl
3  - RDW
3  - Bant Prison
3  - 4c Blood
0  - Mono Black Control

ChristophO

08.02:
15 players - 4 rounds

Sadly, I forgot to write down final standings.

ChristophO

23.03 (21 players, 5 rounds)

1. 4color Blood 5-0
2. Reanimator 4-1
3. Rector Pattern 4-1
4. StaxXx 3-1-1
5. Jund midrange 3-1-1

I played Pattern Rector with Depths/Stage included:

R1: RDW
I win 2-0 with games games stabilizing below 10 life. G1 I have Finks for some much needed life gain and Sorin's lifelink tokens in the second game.

R2: White Weenie
I lose one game to the following start: T1 Savannah Lions. T2 2/1 opp. creatures come in to play tapped. T3 Student of Warfare + 2/2 creature. T4 Serra Avenger + Student Pump.
One game I stabilize with Thragtusk and win with beatdown. The last game I win with Pattern combo.

R3: Reanimator
G 1: I keep a Lotus Cobra Hand but because I do not have a single fetchland I lack mana on T3 to tutor a ooze and keep up mana so the T4 Reanimation on Elesh Norn locks me out before I would have won on my turn 4 with pattern combo.
G 2: My opponent tutors for an Exhume on turn 2 after I have played a Fauna Shaman on my turn 2. I untap and play Demonic keeping G up and take Primeval titan with Demonic Tutor. Opponent pitches Steel. Sphinx and exhumes. I activate Shaman to pitch Titan and fetch Dark Depths combo. Opponent conceds two turns later.
G 3: I can bounce Sheoldred with Karakas (after mulling to six to find a better hand) but lose to Sphinx showing up afterwards.

R4: Fatty RUG
G1: I win with the pattern combo when he taps out for some fatty.
G2: I resolve a Titan and Fetch Depths Combo. GSZ for Acidic Slime can stop that but after fetching ~12 Lands I can overwhelm my opponent with manlands and caed quality due to Senseis Top and Stronghold.

R5: Aggro Naya
G1: I lose to a quick start with Tangle Wire Blowout (which I can putrefy on upkeep which still lost me a needed turn).
G2: I can stall with Thragtusk and win via beatdown. 
G3: my opponent has a slow start and Helixes my T1 Elf as his first play. He misses his third land drop and plays Pridemage next. I Play Deathrite Shaman + Thougtseize taking Mind Censor seeing Sowrd of Fire and Ice and Mirran Crusader as other relevant cards. I hope no second white mana will be drawn. My opponent misses land drop again. I shut off his mana with Vindicate and KotR fetching Wasteland the turn after. I kill with Knight fetching Gavony Twonship and boosting my Army.

Great opponents and great atmosphere. Looking forward to the april tournament.