Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season III

Started by Vazdru, 15-06-2008, 04:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Let's get ready to rumble :)...Season III is starting right now.
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Georg B

Georg B (5c Stuffy Control, my build from the GP) vs. MErcator (WWu)
1:2

First game I won in the lategame with Solemn Simulacrum and Loxodon Hierarch.

Secon game I had a good start, but he had a Back to Basics.

Third game I made a fault with my fetchland. I Had a Stuffy Doll without sickness and a Tainted Pact, but no white mana. -_-.

Payron

5c control (Mythrandir) vs GUw Survival (Payron)

0:2

1st game: was good start from my side with early Survival ... followed from Back to Basics ... gg to much card adventage

2nd game: was mulligan from my side to 6 after spoil was also only 1 land :/ ... still I had early Survival again ... got me out some cards and was then destroyed .. pretty long game with not alot hand cards on both sides ... strong Fact on the side of Mythrandir with Gifts, land, Hierach, Regrowth, Call of the Herd ... I could handel the regrowth with Misdirection ... and gofy pretty much won me the game ... because of Genesis I had better coming out again and Masticore + squee + gofy just won the game

gg

pyyhttu

pyyhttu (reveillark-combo) vs. grizzledmage (ub-control): 2-0.

1st game: I won the roll and decided to go first. I failed to combo in the mid game as all my threats were countered or stolen. I managed to get Survival of the Fittest into play so was able to lay down combo threats on a steady pace. I had to go for the plan B (beatdown) though as couldn't get through. I brought Deranged Hermit into play and couple of turns later copied it with Body Double.

2nd game: Oliver had some real life time constraints but we decided to play anyway (tried to go for a fast combo). grizzledmage went first and countered some of my early creatures (Sakura-Tribe Elder) with Remove Soul, but a turn later I cast again SoF and started to fetch combo pieces but grizzledmage had to go and conceded :( GGs anyway.

grizzledmage

My "two cents" on the match with Tuomas...

He played Game 1 very carefully and precisely, and the victory was well earned. It's too bad that I was compelled to concede the second game due to time (and we all know that it's a big mistake to try to win a game quickly with a control deck), but I was hoping that I might be able to get some critical spells going (like, perhaps, Debtor's Knell, helped by some of the artifact-based mana acceleration; especially as Pyyhttu's deck utilizes the graveyard as a repository for creatures) quickly. Alas, not so.

Nice deck, and great playing - well done, Pyyhttu!

MErcator

MErcator (Rb Gobo) vs. Daze (Elves)
2 : 0

the old battle between good and evil, homo vs. hetero, green vs. red...  ;)
first game Daze was screwed because i hab burn for elves od deep shadow an fyndhorn elves
i had time to harbinger a sharpshooter and that was almost game

2nd i kept land, lava dart and sharpshooter an spoiled for 4
i got some other stuff (i think fire/ice...) and so no elve stayed for long, while my me steadily dealt damage
it was totally under controll, until tried to force the last 11 dmg with attack, sharpshootering, flashback lava dart and fodder launch
but i had burned the way free for my men an played fooder lauch on one of my guys thinking to deal the 5 dmg =( this way he stayed at 4 life and i had pyrite spellbomb in my hand
so i had to chump one round (he had sword of light and shadow) and the could kill with sharpshooter and spellbomb...

nice games...

Vazdru

Mythrandir (5C-Control) - Vazdru (White Clouded Skies)
1-2

1st one: He has been on the play. I wasted his first land trying to get him away of lands and played Mox Diamond. He played Explosives for 0 to get rid of my mox but i Interdicted the effect + cantrip. My first creature has been Aven Mindcensor EOT of turn 3. Afterwards Flying Men entered the board and i've had enough Counterbackup (Mana Drain, Mana Leak). He tried Gifts Ungiven Mindcensor still in play - he's got Land and Col. Restraint which got Mana Drained. Riftwing Cloudskate was the next critter on my side bouncing a land. Mythrandir couldn't handle my critters and when Augury Adept wanted to attack me i've played Pestermite for the win.

2nd game crashed quite early, but Mythrandir had definately the better start. The new second game has been quite long. This time my first critter was Looter il-Kor which his Wall of Blossoms couldn't deal with. Next turn Land Tax + morphed Exalted Angel took him down to 13. All he can do was to sweep the board with Wrath of God. Azorius Herald + Empyrial Plate were my next playes, the Plate has been removed by Dissipate. His Eladaris Call brought him Exalted which was transmuted to a 1/1 Changeling by Crib Swap eot. My Vendillion Clique forced an Evasive Action. Meanwhile i've run out of Land (Land Tax :P) but also out of fuel so the long game went to Mythrandir in the end.

3rd game I've had 2 Plains, Dual, Soltari Priest, Enlightened Tutor! on the play. But he avoided the quick death by removing Back to Basics round two by Hide//Seek. He was mana screwed and i've put much pressure on the board with critters+ Emp. Plate. Again he had Explosives but already on 10 LP. I played Lantern Kami and Soltari Champion entering the red zone next turn bringing him down to 6 LP. He filled his hand via Oracle + played Necromany for my Soltari Priest to have a blocker for Soltari Champion. I played Gilded Drake and bring him down to 2 LP due Bone Splitter. Then he played Moat to keep him alive. I topdecked Black Vise and he played Dromar's Charm for 5 LP next upkeep + Enlightened for Pernicious Deed - nice play. But not strong enough - after Damnation, Deed, Hierarch to bring him back to 5 LP i played Vendillion Clique eot faced Counter, Demon Fire (me on 8 LP). I took the Counterspell, played Sword of Light and Shadow in my turn and attacked for the win!

Thanks for the ggs!   
Far below the earth

Mythrandir

Quote from: Vazdru on 24-06-2008, 11:15:16 PM
Mythrandir (5C-Control) - Vazdru (White Clouded Skies)
1-2

1st one: He has been on the play. I wasted his first land trying to get him away of lands and played Mox Diamond. He played Explosives for 0 to get rid of my mox but i Interdicted the effect + cantrip. My first creature has been Aven Mindcensor EOT of turn 3. Afterwards Flying Men entered the board and i've had enough Counterbackup (Mana Drain, Mana Leak). He tried Gifts Ungiven Mindcensor still in play - he's got Land and Col. Restraint which got Mana Drained. Riftwing Cloudskate was the next critter on my side bouncing a land. Mythrandir couldn't handle my critters and when Augury Adept wanted to attack me i've played Pestermite for the win.

2nd game crashed quite early, but Mythrandir had definately the better start. The new second game has been quite long. This time my first critter was Looter il-Kor which his Wall of Blossoms couldn't deal with. Next turn Land Tax + morphed Exalted Angel took him down to 13. All he can do was to sweep the board with Wrath of God. Azorius Herald + Empyrial Plate were my next playes, the Plate has been removed by Dissipate. His Eladaris Call brought him Exalted which was transmuted to a 1/1 Changeling by Crib Swap eot. My Vendillion Clique forced an Evasive Action. Meanwhile i've run out of Land (Land Tax :P) but also out of fuel so the long game went to Mythrandir in the end.

3rd game I've had 2 Plains, Dual, Soltari Priest, Enlightened Tutor! on the play. But he avoided the quick death by removing Back to Basics round two by Hide//Seek. He was mana screwed and i've put much pressure on the board with critters+ Emp. Plate. Again he had Explosives but already on 10 LP. I played Lantern Kami and Soltari Champion entering the red zone next turn bringing him down to 6 LP. He filled his hand via Oracle + played Necromany for my Soltari Priest to have a blocker for Soltari Champion. I played Gilded Drake and bring him down to 2 LP due Bone Splitter. Then he played Moat to keep him alive. I topdecked Black Vise and he played Dromar's Charm for 5 LP next upkeep + Enlightened for Pernicious Deed - nice play. But not strong enough - after Damnation, Deed, Hierarch to bring him back to 5 LP i played Vendillion Clique eot faced Counter, Demon Fire (me on 8 LP). I took the Counterspell, played Sword of Light and Shadow in my turn and attacked for the win!

Thanks for the ggs!   

ggs, specially 2nd and 3rd. i wished i wasnt so screw on the third... the outcome might have been different. but good games overall. :)

Vazdru

Grizzledmage (UB-Control) - Vazdru (White Clouded Skies)

1-2

1: I've had an impressive start with Mox Diamond, Fetchland, Brainstrom, afterwards fetch for Plains + play Lantern Kami, Oliver plays Land - go. I've played Bonesplitter second turn and attacked for 3. Afterwards i can't find my third land for a while but Oliver has been screwed too. So Lantern Kami hit him down to 17-14-10-7 and finally 4 LP. A Painland damaged him while he played Eyeblight Ending on Kami. My next critter has been Pestermite eot. He tried to counter it with Faerie Trickery but took it back cause it wouldn't have worked (Non-Faerie-Spell). But as i've tried to Interdict his Legacy Allure which trying to take control of my Pestermite he countered that one. I've played Man'o-War bouncing Pestermite, he took control of the fish via Persuasion. I've played Flying Men + equiped Bonesplitter, he took control via Enslave. I've played Court Hussar and got killed next turn by Profane Command + attack with the controlled critter, he has been still on 3 LP. (23 min)

2: I've kept Tithe, Enlightened, 2 Lands, Cloud of Faeries, Court Hussar. Second Turn Cloud of Faeries + Enlightened for Winter Orb, he only played Non-Basic Lands this time, so Back to Basics from the Top has been even better in Turn 4 (btw. Mythrandir loves this card too  :P). Turn 6 Empyrial Plate from the Top, Turn 7 attack for 6 and Turn 8 Gush and my Cloud of Faeries attacked for the 10 final Damage. (10 min)

3: Game three has been quite intensive in deed (24 min). My Critters have been Flying Men, Spellstutter Sprite, Spiketail Hatchling - he played Teferi (quite strong guy against my UW-Aggro) + 2time Capsize with Buyback. Winter Orb was again the game winner for me but it has been quite close this time cause Teferi attacked again and again. I was on 1!! LP in the end, after i sacrificed Augur il-Vec and played Faith's Fetters! Lucky win in the end for me.

Thanks for the games!

Far below the earth

Mythrandir

Quote from: Vazdru on 01-07-2008, 10:25:13 PM

(btw. Mythrandir loves this card too  :P).

lol, yeap, my favorite card .... to hide//SEEK :P

grizzledmage

1-2

A good account of a great match... and yes that Back to Basics in the second game essentially ended the game for me... I may switch decks for the next match, as I am only 1-4 in games so far; not too impressive. Now if only I could switch brains...  ;D

Mythrandir

Quote from: grizzledmage on 01-07-2008, 11:59:14 PM

1-2

A good account of a great match... and yes that Back to Basics in the second game essentially ended the game for me... I may switch decks for the next match, as I am only 1-4 in games so far; not too impressive. Now if only I could switch brains...  ;D

lol, its more a matter of inteligence (in the meaning of intel, like in a war :P) you´ll start figuring out the metagame and what cards are good and what cards arent... my first deck list was way different that he current one, its normal :) also it helps knowing the other decks as well.

knowledge is power.

pyyhttu

Pyyhttu (PainterServant/AngryHermit) vs. Michael103 (MonoG Aggro with Survival): 2-1

What can I say...? Very unexciting matches. I think Michael now agrees as well that the ban hammer on Painter and Dredge Return was justified, not that he questioned it anyway. Yes, that's right: I played the tier-1 combo of the moment, just because this is starting to be the last time it can be played. I won't be missing this deck. Why?

1st. game: Michael plays a second turn Survival and sees my second turn Grindstone. He tutors for Viridian Zealot but after some events, I still have enough mana and both the Painter and Grindstone in the game and deck him on my turn. Michael loses on his draw step. Still, he had amassed so many creatures that I would've died if he'd had a chance to attack.

2nd game: I paris mulligan straight to 6, then decide to take the "poker" mulligan and keep the hand of one land and Lotus Petal + some cheap cantrip. Turned out to be a game mistake. Ofcourse I don't draw anything and Michael's first turn's Tattermunge Maniac deals 10 damage or so, and later some other critters finish me off while I try to get my mana together.

3rd. game: Michael has some issues to put on the pressure, and I have all the time on earth to tutor for good old PainterStone-combo, which I execute with 6 mana on my turn.

4th. game. Michael wanted to change deck to UB control and wanted me to keep the deck. I had a god hand and no matter what he did (I rushed past 2 counters with Duress and Pact of Negation) this time Hermit Druid took the game by milling Terravore and Ghoul on my grave.

5th. game. Hermit Druid and Force of Will in the starting hand. Mono G doesn't have too much creature hate. GG.

I've also been playing more controllish build (more blue for counters) + Imperial Recruiter real life version of the AngryHermit and it really is nuts. Just to conclude that bannings of both Painter and Dredge Return are a nail on the head.

Georg B

Georg B (Burning Skies) vs. Mythrandir (5c Control) 2:0

Vazdru

Quote from: Georg B on 05-07-2008, 03:43:14 PM
Georg B (Burning Skies) vs. Mythrandir (5c Control) 2:0

A short report would be nice. Any game breaking situations (Back to Basics, Price of Progress), anyone screwed or flooded, exciting or frustrating games?  ;)
Far below the earth