Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season III

Started by Vazdru, 15-06-2008, 04:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mythrandir

Quote from: Vazdru on 05-07-2008, 09:51:29 PM
Quote from: Georg B on 05-07-2008, 03:43:14 PM
Georg B (Burning Skies) vs. Mythrandir (5c Control) 2:0

A short report would be nice. Any game breaking situations (Back to Basics, Price of Progress), anyone screwed or flooded, exciting or frustrating games?  ;)

well, first game he played a 1/1 with shadow and equipped it with shuko.. wich beat me down to 10 lft, i eventually got rid of it, and played hide/seek for his BTB, but he played blood moon =/ (i had only 1 plains, the rest were non-basic, so game for him.

2nd game, i played a rishadan port which kept his early game off the table, he eventually played a magus of the moon, but i had a demonfire in hand, so i got rid of it. he then played sea drak followed by standstill which in response i STP the drake which met a daze... no 1 mana free.. :( that would have been excellent for me since i had a decree of justice in hand. he then played a faerie equipped with mask of memories + crafted weargear, but i played crop rotation for a maze of ith. he played some more creatures (1/1's) and was slowly beating me down. he countered a engineered explosives (memory lapse + mana drain), i had LFTL with 2 cycles lands but this "combo" was to mana intensive.
he eventually brought me down to 4 and burned me with somre fire spells. the fact that i was always tapping out on my turn to be able to do something made the difference.
at least this one was a GG.

btw: in one of the games (dont remember which) he played PoP for 8 damage...

this league isnt turning very well for me.. lots of fast/5C hate decks... =/

Mythrandir

Quote from: Mythrandir on 06-07-2008, 01:25:51 PM
Quote from: Vazdru on 05-07-2008, 09:51:29 PM
Quote from: Georg B on 05-07-2008, 03:43:14 PM
Georg B (Burning Skies) vs. Mythrandir (5c Control) 2:0

A short report would be nice. Any game breaking situations (Back to Basics, Price of Progress), anyone screwed or flooded, exciting or frustrating games?  ;)

well, first game he played a 1/1 with shadow and equipped it with shuko.. wich beat me down to 10 lft, i eventually got rid of it, and played hide/seek for his BTB, but he played blood moon =/ (i had only 1 plains, the rest were non-basic, so game for him.

2nd game, i played a rishadan port which kept his early game off the table, he eventually played a magus of the moon, but i had a demonfire in hand, so i got rid of it. he then played sea drak followed by standstill which in response i STP the drake which met a daze... no 1 mana free.. :( that would have been excellent for me since i had a decree of justice in hand. he then played a faerie equipped with mask of memories + crafted weargear, but i played crop rotation for a maze of ith. he played some more creatures (1/1's) and was slowly beating me down. he countered a engineered explosives (memory lapse + mana drain), i had LFTL with 2 cycles lands but this "combo" was to mana intensive.
he eventually brought me down to 4 and burned me with somre fire spells. the fact that i was always tapping out on my turn to be able to do something made the difference.
at least this one was a GG.

btw: in one of the games (dont remember which) he played PoP for 8 damage...

this league isnt going very well for me.. lots of fast/5C hate decks... =/

Georg B

Well, I'm sorry for missing a report, but that day I had no time.

My deck was the build I posted in this forum.
I didn't make any changes because I was to buisy in building a good block-constructed deck for the zk-liga.
I will work a bit on this deck because I think it has a future.

pyyhttu

Pyyhttu (5C-Staxx) vs. MErcator (UW-aggro): 2-1

I chose to pilot Malina's Staxx from the GP IV with the Planeswalkers. Just because I'm in the process of revising my real life 5C-Stax. Malina's Planeswalker concept seems to fit surprisingly well into the prison concept, and wanted to test those further with some personal tricks and tweaks.

Edit: I just played against Grizzledmage 1 hour 23 minutes, 1st. game and had this tab open. Had to write a report about the last game against MErcator, but completely forgot now what happened... MErcator won the first game with some critter, I won the next 2. First one was with a soft lock (Mishra's Helix I think), second one was won with Garruk's elephants after I had cleared the board with Armageddon and Pendrell Mists. GGs.

Georg B

Georg (Burning Skies) 2:1 Payron (Survival)

I will report some interessting situations, because I do not know anything anymore.
Maybe Payron can write something later, too.

In one game he played a Fact or Fiction with one Plains left.
I had a Sea Drake and he was a low life count (I think 4 or so, not enough to survive an attack).
I played a Daze by bouncing an Island. He payd for the Daze and revealed a Swords to Plowshares with it. That was funny.

In another game he had a Ravenous Baloth and a Waterfront Bouncer (with sicknes).
He was on 4 lives and I had a Vendilion Clique with an Unstable Mutation on it.
After my upkeep it was 4/2. I had only a Chrome Mox, and Island and two card in hand (Serendib Eefrit and Back to Basics witch is not good against his many Basic Lands).
I wished to draw a Land to play the Eefrit. But I didn't draw a land. I drew a Stifle. ^^ Game again!

Well, the game he won, was a solid play by him. But I remember only wins of mine? ^^

After that we played a few games more and I won a lot. Ok, there was many luck, but I think the BurningSkies.deck is a good deck. And it is verry funny.

grizzledmage

Grizzledmage (UB Control) vs. Pyyhttu (5C-Staxx): 2-0

Quote from: pyyhttu on 07-07-2008, 06:28:41 PM
I just played against Grizzledmage 1 hour 23 minutes, 1st. game and had this tab open.

We played this game yesterday and it may be the longest one game I've ever played.  I was able to Capsize an early game Liliana Vess in hopes of being able to counter it later but instead drew Take Possession which I used on the re-cast planeswalker. Alternating between her tutoring and discard abilities, I was able to bring up 2 other critical cards for this game: (1) Confiscate (which I'd been planning on using either for his Mind's Eye OR his Mishra's Helix - a very disruptive card indeed), but then he gave me a better target in the form of Chandra Nalaar which I took. The game might have then gone more quickly except that he had Crumbling Sanctuary in play. The advantage then went to whomever could deal damage and had more cards in his library, and I started to systematically ping him with Chandra. (2) After he played Ajani Goldmane and I used a Copy Enchantment for a Take Possession on it, he conceded with approx. 12 cards left in his library.

Played Game 2 today. It was very short, only 25 minutes!  :) At first Pyyhttu dealt all damage to himself in the form of fetchlands, Boseiju Who Shelters All and the like, bringing him to 11, but then I was fortunate to draw Teferi, flashed him into play (paying the extra 3 mana thanks to his Nether Void, what an annoying cards!!), and starting swinging. He used Sylvan Scrying to seek out Maze of Ith, but luckily for me I'd previously used Demonic Tutor to get Confiscate and was finally able to cast it (only cost 9!) on his Maze. With one turn remaining to him he managed to get a Magus of the Tabernacle in play for blocking but I used a Control Magic on it before delivering the final blow.

GGs!

Vazdru

Grizzledmage (UB-Control) - Vazdru (White Clouded Skies) 1:0 (game 2 + maybe 3 will follow next days/week)

1: My first seven showed my no lands at all  :-\ so i took another seven. Luckily they were quite ok. 2 Islands, 1 Plains, Freewind Falcon, Soltari Champion, Swords of Fire and Ice, Fathom Seer. Unfortunately Swords got countered. Freewind Falcon didn't deal enough pressure on the board. Champion got killed by spot removal so his landbase increased well. Teferi was again the gamebreaker when he hit the board. Treachery + Dominate hit me hard as well. Back to Basics didn't have the impact on the game like last time so his mana-base worked well. Eventually i've played Empyrial Armor + Gush to increase my falcon to 8/8 while he had 8 LP...but his untapper Conclave saved his life. Next turn Profane Command for the win.

GG mate! Looking forward for next games..
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

Michael0103 (Mono-Green) vs Vazdru (White Clouded Skies) 1-2

15 min for all three games:

1: He has been land screwed, i've had an early Mana Drain for Fathom Seer + Grafted Wargear next round. Counter+Bounce his critters for the win.

2: He played Loxodon Warhammer for the win.

3: I've played Land Tax + Empyrial Armor for the win.

GGs - thanks
Far below the earth

Georg B

Georg B (Burning Skies) 2:1 grizzledmage (UB Control)

Game 1 he won with Teferi and other stuff.
Game 2 was really fast, but the server crashed when he was on 1 life and I had two unblockable creatures. He conceded. Thaks for that.
Game 3 was really  exciting. I had no land. Only Chrome Mox. And I drew the first land in round 4 or so.
I won anyway with a cheep flyer equiped with Bonesplitter.
Later I got some lands and played some other stuff for the win.

grizzledmage

Quote from: Georg B on 09-07-2008, 05:03:26 PM
Georg B (Burning Skies) 2:1 grizzledmage (UB Control)

Game 1 he won with Teferi and other stuff.
Game 2 was really fast, but the server crashed when he was on 1 life and I had two unblockable creatures. He conceded. Thaks for that.
Game 3 was really  exciting. I had no land. Only Chrome Mox. And I drew the first land in round 4 or so.
I won anyway with a cheep flyer equiped with Bonesplitter.
Later I got some lands and played some other stuff for the win.

I'd already written the following up, when I saw this report! What the heck; here's my take on the match as well...

Still recovering from the scorch wounds Georg inflicted.

He began Game 1 with a Rift Bolt, followed quickly by nasty creatures like Inkfathom Infiltrator and Thalakos Seer, equipping them with efficient pumpers like Grafted Wargear. I was fortunate enough to have enough spot removal (Smother, Eyeblight’s Ending) to keep things from getting too rough and even more fortunate to be able to get a Turn 5 Teferi in play. The good luck continued by having a Capsize with buyback to keep him a little off balance, and then save Teferi when Georg tried to burn him out. I replayed the legend, and Georg conceded.

Then it got rough. Georg started game 2 with a Turn 1 Black Vise, which accounted for a total of 12 life points over the next few turns; very devastating! I could not recover nearly quickly enough and he beat me down to 1 LP with more of his creatures despite all my efforts to counter and/or control them. AND THEN the system crashed, with me still at 1 LP! Based on the final board position, I conceded the game as I can not think of any draw (except for, perhaps 2, but very unlikely to see either on next draw) that would have saved me.

Game 3 I thought I might have a chance, especially since Georg had very few mana sources for the first few turns, and I was able to start giving him a good run with Phyrexian and Chronatog Totems, but his equipped Serendib Efreet tilted things back again towards him, and he countered my attempt to Eyeblight’s Ending it. Even so I thought I might still be able to outrace him but he Boomeranged my Phyrexian Totem at a critical moment and I had no response: I even checked my library with Sensei’s Divining Top only to find a clump of lands. The coup de grace was Flame Rift, leaving me with very painful 3rd degree burns.

GGs!

Vazdru

Georg B (Burning Skies) - Vazdru (White Clouded Skies)

2:1

1: He played Grim Lavamancer which I've got rid off with Swords to Plowshares. I've had Lantern Kami and Empyrial Plate but he managed to leave me without a blue mana (Wasteland). When I've tried to equip my critter he shocked it giving him enough speed advantage. Then he played Sea Drake and bounced my Plate a few turns later. So his game in the end.

2: I've had a quite nice hand and he was screwed on one mana. Quite fast game for me.

3: Really close game. The advantage changed from side to side. I've had Azorius Herald, Faith's Fetters for altogether 8 LP. I was flooded in the midgame while we both were in "top-deck-mous" and when he got Swords of Fire and Ice from the top with one critter on the board it was his game.

GG!
Far below the earth

MErcator

Vazdru

Quote from: MErcator on 14-07-2008, 03:32:26 PM
MErcator : Coldcrow
2 : 0

:o
Just a little bit more would be nice. Maybe one sentence per game ;). And please let me know which decks have been played - i need it for my statistics  ;D
Far below the earth

Payron

grizzledmage (UB Control) -- Payron (5c control) 
0:2

We needed to pause 1 day between this 2 games because grizzledmage didn t hat enough time ... thats the reason I don t remember all of the first game ... but it took very long, in the start i guess we keept a very defensive hand because both of us just handeled each card from the other guy ... and most of the rounds we just past and played lands ... just remember that I could get crusible and wasteland out and could hold him down till i could win the game

2nd game: was pretty good hand of mine against controll had Exploration, Wasteland, Enlighning Tutor, Gifts, and 3 lands ... so he alrdy told me that the game wouldn t go that long .. I guess bad hand of him ... I played first turn Exploration a second land and tutored with enlighning tutore the Crucible and in the end won through the control of this and with gifts on Witness, Volrath's Stronghold, Venser and Karakas.

grizzledmage (Elves G/B) -- Payron (UGw Survival)

0:2

1st game: He started of with some creatures like Elves of deep Shadow, and the 3/3 guy with reavling (T2 card) and some more ... I played first round Looter il-Kor with the help of Mox Diamond and could discard a wonder and found a Call of the heard what blocked pretty well and later on if found a Tarmo ... I could look pretty deep into my libery and could find everything ... his last hope against my army was his Damnation tutored with Liliana Vess but I could counter it.

2nd game: I had a second turn survival and he didn t draw any creatures to make any pressure I layed my side full and won ... sry bad luck for him

ty for the games

Mythrandir

Georg B VS Mythrandir Red skies VS 5c Control
1:2

game 1: he played island shuko and then he was mana screw.. i play some lands, and hide//seek which met a counter (spell snare), he then stifled my krosan verge.. but i already i then play vindicate on his island..

game 2: he got mox + land + the "shadow looter", eventually i went for deed, fire ice, explosives he gave me deed but the vendiliion clique my deed. nice play from him. i was at lft with a creature but he had fire in his hand...

game 3: screw again. i again vindicated his land... deja vu

not very good matches because of the screw part... =/