Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season III

Started by Vazdru, 15-06-2008, 04:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mythrandir

Payron VS Mythrandir "5c geddon-deck" VS 5c control
1:2

game 1: it was really frustrating for Payron.. he only drew lands + 1 mana artifact (he had almost 10 lands in play..)

game 2: i had an early beater but his hellion crater took care of it, i then muted the tolaria west for a maze of ith. after that he just killed me with hellion crater after  a massive geddon.

game 3: crashed but was really interesting..
he had rising waters + 4 lands (+/-) i had loads of lands + doran + jace + augury adept (earlier i wastelanded his maze) so i was drawing 3 card a turn and delivering 7 damage/turn.. he eventually played crumbling sanctuary and although i had putrefy in hand and he was at 9lft.. u never know the outcome... both our hands were full

we then paused the game because i sacrficed krosan verge and wanted to play the shocklands untapped (i thought you could, but after checking with wizards.. u cant.. i´ve done this (illegal) play many times, and know one never told me it wasnt possible.. =/ sry for that everyone..
meanwhile ´while searching the rules the game crashed :( we decided to re-play the 3rd game

new game 3: i was kind of screw with only 2 lands in hand, but decided to go any way since i had lftl, and demonic tutor, putrefy, gifts and explosives. he played some lands and some mana (2 CMC) artifacts, i was lucky with my early draws, since i got some lands. i used the explosives to destroy his 2 mana artifacts. i was going for some damage with a 3/3 elephant token + morphed exalted + 4/4 etched oracle , but he had propaganda. he then FOF and got a devastation he got only that 1. i had mana drain, but he had, so no luck. i sacrificed the oracle and gotlucky with my "walking ancestral recall" --> land + darksteel i played darksteel and kept my land in hand..
he played devastation i nailed his coalition relic with putrefy, the board was like this: ME: darksteel HIM: phyrexian totem + propaganda. i played lands + LFTL, after a couple of turns i went for garruk, deed, wasteland and trygo predator (i had drawn a regrowth meanwhile) and he conceded.

ggs. :)

pyyhttu

Pyyhttu (5C-Oath) vs. Mythrandir (5C-Control): 1 - 1 (Draw)

I played a slight variant of Topel's Oath, mixed with spices recommended by Klaus Jöns: http://www.planetmtg.de/articles/artikel.html?id=2246 (Thanks Vazdru for the link)

Game 1: I get recursive Life from the Loam engine around Wasteland and Lonely Sandbar. In a long game, Oathed Akroma finally clears the board.

Game 2: I was mana screwed, also screwed the first mulligan and went for 6 cards, then for 5. Kept a hand with some land but Mythrandir's Rishadan Port and Wasteland didn't allow me to recover so conceded.

Game 3: This one was really even to the point where client crashed. Had a very good board position whereas Myth revelead he had a very good hand, so can't tell how this one would have ended up. Fuck I hate this. We didn't feel like (at least I didn't) playing so decided to draw this. We talked in the ICQ afterwards and I introduced Mythrandir to alternative client called OCTGN, which has game state saves for situations like this, or if the game takes too long time to finish. One can always save the state and continue later. This can be done automatically and by the host and client as well.

I have to say that this was the first time when MWS's connection died on me, but I can say it also was the last time.

Won't play another game with that piece of shit anymore.

To remedy this, I'll mirror the octgn executable and put up a small, compact instructional site for the patches and setting the client. If you feel like playing with me, and not wasting time with crashes, I'm afraid you have to use octgn instead.

Edit: Here's the last game state if anyone is interested: http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gamesc8.png

Mythrandir

Quote from: pyyhttu on 20-07-2008, 04:39:53 PM
Pyyhttu (5C-Oath) vs. Mythrandir (5C-Control): 1 - 1 (Draw)

I played a slight variant of Topel's Oath, mixed with spices recommended by Klaus Jöns: http://www.planetmtg.de/articles/artikel.html?id=2246 (Thanks Vazdru for the link)

Game 1: I get recursive Life from the Loam engine around Wasteland and Lonely Sandbar. In a long game, Oathed Akroma finally clears the board.

Game 2: I was mana screwed, also screwed the first mulligan and went for 6 cards, then for 5. Kept a hand with some land but Mythrandir's Rishadan Port and Wasteland didn't allow me to recover so conceded.

Game 3: This one was really even to the point where client crashed. Had a very good board position whereas Myth revelead he had a very good hand, so can't tell how this one would have ended up. Fuck I hate this. We didn't feel like (at least I didn't) playing so decided to draw this. We talked in the ICQ afterwards and I introduced Mythrandir to alternative client called OCTGN, which has game state saves for situations like this, or if the game takes too long time to finish. One can always save the state and continue later. This can be done automatically and by the host and client as well.

I have to say that this was the first time when MWS's connection died on me, but I can say it also was the last time.

Won't play another game with that piece of shit anymore.

To remedy this, I'll mirror the octgn executable and put up a small, compact instructional site for the patches and setting the client. If you feel like playing with me, and not wasting time with crashes, I'm afraid you have to use octgn instead.

Edit: Here's the last game state if anyone is interested: http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gamesc8.png

well, the 3rd game was really good.. additional info: i cropped for a rishadan for his maze and  mortify his oath (despite the server crashed before he could see it) i had in hand a STP + wog + eternal witness) and my top 3 (thks to sensei top) were: fetchland + stronghold + furnace. so this would have been a closed match.

Mythrandir

Grizzledmage VS MYthrandir "UB Stealer" VS 5c control

game 1: we traded off some counters, but i eventually i got a FOF, also he was a bit screw initially. eventually i got nantuko monastery and started swinging. he only had a chronatog.. so eventually i won with the manland.

game 2: i only had 2 lands in hand.. but i hate mull to 6 in MWS.. so i risk it.. bad choice.. :( he annexed my land an then copy enchantment on my other land... i only drew 1 more land.. so i conceded this one. nice going with annex

game 3: quite an exciting game. i was a bit color screw, but got a LFTL quite early with 1wasteland + fetchs in grave that took me off the "red mana zone" we again traded off some counters. i played eternal witness but he then played treachey and chronatog. i was lucky with a FOF and got a kor haven. i then played a garruk and baloth and by then i had the upper hand but 2 turns, after i flasbacking mystical teachings for pact of negation to counter his copy enchament i ran out of counters and he confiscated mu garruk, which turned the table to his side. i was lucky enough to had a maze + kor and evenutally i wiped the table with WOG, and went for pernicious deed via enlightened... got garruk back and my nantuko monastery won again.

ggs, specially 3rd. manland really won me the games, because the can "pass by" treachery and the likes

2:1 for me.

grizzledmage

Quote from: Mythrandir on 22-07-2008, 09:30:00 PM
Grizzledmage VS MYthrandir "UB Stealer" VS 5c control

game 1: we traded off some counters, but i eventually i got a FOF, also he was a bit screw initially. eventually i got nantuko monastery and started swinging. he only had a chronatog.. so eventually i won with the manland.

game 2: i only had 2 lands in hand.. but i hate mull to 6 in MWS.. so i risk it.. bad choice.. :( he annexed my land an then copy enchantment on my other land... i only drew 1 more land.. so i conceded this one. nice going with annex

game 3: quite an exciting game. i was a bit color screw, but got a LFTL quite early with 1wasteland + fetchs in grave that took me off the "red mana zone" we again traded off some counters. i played eternal witness but he then played treachey and chronatog. i was lucky with a FOF and got a kor haven. i then played a garruk and baloth and by then i had the upper hand but 2 turns, after i flasbacking mystical teachings for pact of negation to counter his copy enchament i ran out of counters and he confiscated mu garruk, which turned the table to his side. i was lucky enough to had a maze + kor and evenutally i wiped the table with WOG, and went for pernicious deed via enlightened... got garruk back and my nantuko monastery won again.

ggs, specially 3rd. manland really won me the games, because the can "pass by" treachery and the likes

2:1 for me.

Interesting that he was able to get the Nantuko Monastery in play all three games, although in the second game it made no difference without any kind of other mana support. And Mythrandir's choice to mull to 6 in game 2 seems poor only with 20-20 hindsight, as we all know that many times when we mulligan it ends up being far worse... heck it happens to me all the time.

In Game 3 I was especially hoping for one my own manlands (Faerie Conclave, Spawning Pool; especially that last one) but alas no luck there.

Kind of depressing, as I am now 1-6 in matches and 5-12 in games, even though many of the lost games were close... or at least took a long time...

Hey - if anybody who has played me so far has any suggestions on the deck build, I am always open to suggestion (we're a friendly bunch here, right?)  :P.

Mythrandir

QuoteAnd Mythrandir's choice to mull to 6 in game 2 seems poor only with 20-20 hindsight, as we all know that many times when we mulligan it ends up being far worse... heck it happens to me all the time.

well, if it were a real match (real life match) i'd have mull for sure.. 2 lands (being 1 colorless, in a 5c deck) that´s a mull for sure, no question there.. but in MWS (having played for a long time in MWS) what would usually happened was that i mull to 6 only to have 2 lands again.. =/ this happened to me a lot, so i almost never mull (in 5c control) to 6.. i know sometimes that cost me the game, but i´ve also lost because i had to mull to 4... =/ so...

QuoteKind of depressing, as I am now 1-6 in matches and 5-12 in games, even though many of the lost games were close... or at least took a long time...
the third game was quite good, i havent played against a "real" control (counter) deck for some time. and despite i had the upper hand, when you confiscate garruk, i most confess you had advantage, and if it werent for some lucky draws (WOG was in hand, but enlightnned tutor was not) the outcome might have been different.

QuoteHey - if anybody who has played me so far has any suggestions on the deck build, I am always open to suggestion (we're a friendly bunch here, right?)  :P.

of course, we will. just put your current decklist in the deck clinic and give us some pointers (bad matchups, good matchups, what u felt missing in the deck, etc..) and we´ll try to make it better, or at least give our opinion :)

grizzledmage

of course, we will. just put your current decklist in the deck clinic and give us some pointers (bad matchups, good matchups, what u felt missing in the deck, etc..) and we´ll try to make it better, or at least give our opinion

OK - now in a new thread under Deck Clinics.

Vazdru

Michael0103 (UW-Staxx-Combo) - Vazdru (White Clouded Skies)
0:2

The funniest games I've played for a long time  :P

G1: I've had a quite good start hand. 1st Turn Flying Men, 2nd Turn Curiosity (i love this start vs. Control  ;D) He played Ivory Tower and filled his hand. My next playes were Lightning Greaves, Soltari Foot Soldier + Mother of Runes. Mother of Runes + Lightning Greaves were a nice combo to stop his spot removal/bounce and the Boardsweeper got countered. He played Land Tax without any effort. He played Winter Orb - which decided the game in the end...in my favor.

G2: This time my hand didn't show me more than one land. So i had to mulligan 6. The beginning of the game wasn't as good as in game 1. He played Meek Stone, which doesn't hurt me at all - but then with 4 islands in play VELDALKEN SHACKLES. I had to change my whole strategy and played afterwards without ANY creature. He played Anvil of Bogardan, Sensei'S, Gilded Lotus got countered ... and finally Standstill. I played Enlightened for Black Vise in the right moment (I've had 4 Counters and he was tapped out with 10 Cards in his Hand ;D). Afterwards he played Fabricate for Ivory Tower and lots of counterspells on the board. He played Forced Fruition so i've had 21 Cards when i made the final blow - thanks to Lightning Greaves.

Lucky me that he couldn't find his own Black Vise :)

Thx for the GG
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

Vazdru (UW-Skies) - Georg B (UR-Skies)

Titan's Clash
First place vs second place actually
Thunder vs Lightning
Creation vs Destruction

Some of the best games for quite a while.

He: rolled 4, I: 3 - so he started.

Game 1: One Plains so i took a mulligan for 6. Afterwards still only one land of my 7 but one of it Tithe - a bit risky i know but I've tried.
First Turn he started with Drifter il-Dal - good early critter but the upkeep cost isn't that nice (that's why I do not play this card). After Tithe for 2 Lands + Brainstorm i played 4 land drops in a row while he had only 3 lands in play. I Crib Swap his Drifter Turn 3 and he played Flying Men. My Mask of Memory looked nice but then he played the real deal: SWORD OF FIRE AND ICE. So his Flying Men got his Sword and bashed me down with 5 Dam + Extracard. I played Court Hussar, Man-o'-War, Augur il-Vec (meanwhile i love my Augur :)) - thanks to Mana Drain. But I was still without any blockers and on 6 LP - Augur did his Job, back on 10 in the next upkeep. Fathom Seer -> Card Draw, Curiosity, equip Mask, MORE Card Draw  :) Took him down to 13 LP. He surely smiled playing Grafted Wargear - his Flying Men was 6/5 Prot UR - shoot for 2 and put me down to 2 LP. I Played Aven Mindcensor and Azorius Herald back to 6 LP. He played Chain Lightning on my Blocker but i've had Rebuff the Wicked so I got another turn. My next attack - thanks to Bonesplitter - left him with 2 LP tapped out, 6 Hand Cards and Lethal Damage next round - but i played Black Vise  ;D ;D Nice Game  :P

Game 2: Made a fault to mulligan only 5 with one mana one hand. Faced again only 1 Land and lots of crap. So i decided to take a trip to Paris. Was quite ok then, 3 Lands, Crib Swap, Riftwing Cloudskate, Aven Riftwatcher. But he mulliganed nothing - a few turns later i know why  ::) Something of that kind: Land Critter - Land EMPYRIAL PLATE - Land SEA DRAKE  :o I played some Jump Blockers and Looter il-Kor (i love this card too :)) Bounced his Plate with Riftwing. Since he has played Kira Glass Spinner the clouds got a bit darker. Fortunately i countered his Sword of Fire and Ice with Mana Drain and played Faith's Fetters on his meanwhile huge Flying Men. I got control over the game and Ancestral Visions resolved a few turns later. But i've had still no answer for his Plate which had a nice comeback on a Spellscutter Sprite. He took me down to 5 LP with one swing. Afterwards Flame Jet - he at 9 and me at 1 LP. His final shot was Lava Spike ... hrhr, no I've had Remand and no R left. And I've had 8 dam on the table  :( Used Condem on my own Critter to come back to 5 LP but he had Lightning Bolt from the top :)

Game 3: White clouded skies showed his whole strength in this game:

Some of my plays:

Mana Drain
Faith's Fetters on his "mutated" Looter
Azorius Herald
Crib Swap
Riftwing Cloudskate on Fetters
Faith's Fetters once again - this time on his Serendib Efreet
Exalted Angel
Jotun Grunt
Grafted Wargear

Some of his plays:

Looter il-Kor
Unstable Mutation
Serendib Efreet
Thalakos Seer
Shock
Memory Lapse
Chain of Vapor

I'm on 24 LP - He's dead

2-1 Thx for the decent games !
Far below the earth

grizzledmage

Grizzledmage (UB control/robbery) vs. Mythrandir (5c Control)

1-1, to be continued

Let me preface my report by saying that I have only recently begun delving into control-style decks. It started most recently about 4 months ago with an Extended tournament our local play group held, and I tried a MUC deck (which did fairly well). Having been on the receiving end of control decks for years, I decided to try it. (This particular style of control used in this deck is based in part on an Elder Dragon Highlander deck I say over a year ago). Now to my point: I am not sure that I have the stomach to live through these games, as they do tend to be very long!!

Game 1: An early Shadowmage Infiltrator got through a couple times for some hits and a couple of extra card draws but he placed a Kor Haven to slow that down. He then removed the Infiltrator with a Flametongue Kavu, and countered an Ancestral Visions from resolving, but I played Treachery on his Kavu. He got his Nantuko Monastery going and tried to Hide (via Hide/Seek) the Treachery but I Hindered his attempt. He then played Gifts Ungiven to get his land-hate going via Wasteland, Vesuva, LFTL. I got more land-based men/tokens going with Faerie Conclave and Urza's Factory and started pressuring him, eventually getting him to 1 LP. But he evokes a Shriekmaw to kill the Kavu and plays a Maze of Ith to further blunt my attacks. He uses Intuition to find some life gain, which he realizes via Ravenous Baloth. I get a Vedalken Shackles out but too few Islands for it to make a difference, and he has been systematically removing my NB lands with Wasteland. I try a Liliana to tutor up some grave hate but he counters it. His Monastery keeps coming back (LFTL) and I am steadily losing ground; after 45 minutes I concede mostly from mental exhaustion.

Game 2: This one is even longer (1 hour 14 minutes), and I won't drive everyone crazy with ALL the details. Highlights include more Shadowmage Infiltrators (on both sides), Jace Beleran (his side), Guile (my side), a Staff of Domination which helped me a lot, Teferi, then Teferi recurred with Animate Dead, a countered Collective Restraint. He starts giving me real trouble with Venser comboed with Karakas, and I finally draw Wasteland to remove the Karakas. I was exerting steady pressure and slowly gaining the advantage, and then when I thought I had him (attacking with Guile and a Withered Wretch) he cycled a Decree of Justice to place 4 soldier tokens in play, threatening to remove my Wretch. I use Sensei's Diving Top to find a play (w buyback) a Capsize on one of his tokens, saving my poor Wretch. He attacks next turn, threatening to bring me to 3 LP but I take it, saving my lands in case I need to respond... and then counter (Faerie Trickery) his Damnation. He concedes.

He agrees to stop here and do the last game later, as (1) it's been 2 hours already, and (2) I'd received a tragic phone call in the middle of the second game, informing me of a death in the family... in fact I will be leaving to attend the funeral in about 10 minutes.

GGs!! As I said, I don't know if I have the stomach for these long control games... but definitely looking forward to the tiebreaker!

Mythrandir

Quote from: grizzledmage on 29-07-2008, 03:21:39 PM
Grizzledmage (UB control/robbery) vs. Mythrandir (5c Control)

1-1, to be continued

Let me preface my report by saying that I have only recently begun delving into control-style decks. It started most recently about 4 months ago with an Extended tournament our local play group held, and I tried a MUC deck (which did fairly well). Having been on the receiving end of control decks for years, I decided to try it. (This particular style of control used in this deck is based in part on an Elder Dragon Highlander deck I say over a year ago). Now to my point: I am not sure that I have the stomach to live through these games, as they do tend to be very long!!

Game 1: An early Shadowmage Infiltrator got through a couple times for some hits and a couple of extra card draws but he placed a Kor Haven to slow that down. He then removed the Infiltrator with a Flametongue Kavu, and countered an Ancestral Visions from resolving, but I played Treachery on his Kavu. He got his Nantuko Monastery going and tried to Hide (via Hide/Seek) the Treachery but I Hindered his attempt. He then played Gifts Ungiven to get his land-hate going via Wasteland, Vesuva, LFTL. I got more land-based men/tokens going with Faerie Conclave and Urza's Factory and started pressuring him, eventually getting him to 1 LP. But he evokes a Shriekmaw to kill the Kavu and plays a Maze of Ith to further blunt my attacks. He uses Intuition to find some life gain, which he realizes via Ravenous Baloth. I get a Vedalken Shackles out but too few Islands for it to make a difference, and he has been systematically removing my NB lands with Wasteland. I try a Liliana to tutor up some grave hate but he counters it. His Monastery keeps coming back (LFTL) and I am steadily losing ground; after 45 minutes I concede mostly from mental exhaustion.

Game 2: This one is even longer (1 hour 14 minutes), and I won't drive everyone crazy with ALL the details. Highlights include more Shadowmage Infiltrators (on both sides), Jace Beleran (his side), Guile (my side), a Staff of Domination which helped me a lot, Teferi, then Teferi recurred with Animate Dead, a countered Collective Restraint. He starts giving me real trouble with Venser comboed with Karakas, and I finally draw Wasteland to remove the Karakas. I was exerting steady pressure and slowly gaining the advantage, and then when I thought I had him (attacking with Guile and a Withered Wretch) he cycled a Decree of Justice to place 4 soldier tokens in play, threatening to remove my Wretch. I use Sensei's Diving Top to find a play (w buyback) a Capsize on one of his tokens, saving my poor Wretch. He attacks next turn, threatening to bring me to 3 LP but I take it, saving my lands in case I need to respond... and then counter (Faerie Trickery) his Damnation. He concedes.

He agrees to stop here and do the last game later, as (1) it's been 2 hours already, and (2) I'd received a tragic phone call in the middle of the second game, informing me of a death in the family... in fact I will be leaving to attend the funeral in about 10 minutes.

GGs!! As I said, I don't know if I have the stomach for these long control games... but definitely looking forward to the tiebreaker!

once again. GGS. first 1 was really close. and the fact that you had shadowmage very early in both games was a pain. in the 2nd game you had a lot of card advantage over me. ggs. and sorry for your loss. when you feel like playing the 3rd just give me aring. :)

Vazdru

Mythrandir (5C-Control) vs Vazdru (UW-Skies)

1-2

15 Min altogether

1st: He played first. I've had a quite explosive start with Mox Diamond - Tithe (Tundra/Plains) - Play Wasteland. Second Turn: Spiktetail Hatchling. Third Turn Black Vise. When he was tapped out for Augury Adept i played Back to Basics...

2nd: I had no lands one my first 7, so i took another 7 - no lands - Mulligan to 6 - no lands, but Brainstorm, Land Tax, Tithe - bit risky i know..after 5 Turns still no lands on my side...

3rd: Suspend Cloudskate second turn was my first play. On turn 3 Aven Mindcensor eot. Turn 4 Emyrial Plate, Equip, Gush Attack for 8, Turn 5 Riftwing bouncing my own Land (he was still on two lands) Draw - Attack for 12. Turn-5-Kill - not too bad for a non-combo, semi-aggro-deck.

Our friendly games were much better afterwards.
Far below the earth

coldcrow

phyhttu (Reveillark): coldcrow 0:2 (Dreamhalls/Desire/Time Warp)

These were interesting combo matches. In the first we both were racking up in mana and combo pieces, seeing pyhtthu playing mana accels, soul warden and saffi; while i played some filtering.
Then my big turn(s) came: Mana flare, Time Warp. I can't recall the exact order of all. I had a mirror naming gifts, and spellweaver volute in play storming for a 9 desire which left him with 2 life. he got another turn though and tried to do the saffi, crypt champion combo but I could respond with sacrificing shard phoenix. Next turn my search engine got the final damage in.

Game 2 was not that explosive. We both had rather slow hands with alot of dsiruption on his side. Duress, castigate which I twincasted removing thoughtseize!, and therapy! The game revolved around him racking up mana for a rector/pattern of rebirth turn while I played a fast jhoira suspending walk of the aeons. Critical was my lucky temporal fissure bouncing his rector and a selesnya sanctuary. That bought me enough tiem to fnish him with a bribed Yosei :).

Mythrandir

Coldcrow VS Mythrandir Mind desire/extra turns deck VS 5c control
1:2

game 1: was really good, i made an early pressure with mishras factory, he didnt do that much and the things he did i countered them.he played a shard phoenix that died. after a few turns i had etched oracle + stronghold running but he had also made a lot of draw over the game. so neither of us had that much card advantage. i brought him to 4 and played venser (countered a buybacked "time walk") + brion + ohran viper he was as good as dead on the next turn, but he then played FOF for mana flare (he kept only that one) then gush,  lightning bolt + fireblast + mind + other spells + a 8 stormed mind desire. he had a time warp + some fire. in one turn (just as he was going to be dead) he turned the game around and delivered over 16pts of damage... i should have "seeked" mind desire over dream halls early in the game..

game 2: he was colored screw for blue, so i played gifts for wasteland + LFTL + 2 cycles he responded with gifts for some lands + mox. he then played a bribery for my exalted but i had putrefy in hand. i had the LFTL engine running, and after a couple of turns no U for him (i destroyed his mox with 0 counter engineered explosives) so he conceded

game 3: i mull to 6 (and kept an island + fire//ice + tithe.. so i decided ro risk it, even with 1 land..) luckily i drew a scrubaldn so i tithed for 2 lands.. and the game started to flow... he burned me to 6 but i played mystical teachings for hide//seek for his mind desire and was up to 10. i then countered some important spells on his deck. i played sensei top for some better draw and eventually beat him with nantuko monastery + trygon predator.
i really have to sat that 3rd game was really lucky for me.. bad hand... which turned out to be a great hand and i drew almost my entire counter spells.

ggs

coldcrow

coldcrow (R/U Storm) : grizzledmage (U/B control) 1:0

We only finished one game ... A really funny thing about it was that I thought we played a test game while he recognized it as a match.

Was a loooong one, Stuff got countered , manabases were built up, My grandma was planting a tree...
I made 2 mistakes: playing desire too early for only a 5 count, then countering teferi as he countered my gifts...
In the end he ran out of counters and I topdecked an eye of the storm with a lightning bolt in hand and recoup + chain lightning in yard = 12 dmg. Update for game two will follow.