Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season III

Started by Vazdru, 15-06-2008, 04:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MErcator

MErcator (Rock) vs. Phyyhttu (Enchantress combo)
2 : 0(.5)

First game was brief, he had a mulligan after the spoils, and got beaten by critters. His theme was not that apparent yet.
2nd he got out with enchantress and other keytools. The game crashed somwhere... Phyyhttu had probably won

2nd 2nd He played early Land tax, but i had signet and treetop village, so had to play no lands
i had survival, but he played Acadamy for enchantments (name?), sacred mesa and then humility. I had to transmute shred memory into demonic into pernicious deed. In addizion i had genesis in grave and witness, whereas he had to play from the top...

nice games, interesting deck

MErcator

MErcator (Gobo) vs. Vazdru (skies)

2 fast games. i had enough removal to kill vazdru's creatures in the first turns. Later on, he had Sword of fire and ice, but was behinf in the race, so i could finish him of quickly, bevor he could attack a 2nd time.
2nd game pretty much the same. he seemed a little screwed and had 2 equiptments, but no surviving creatures

Vazdru

MEcator (BG-Rock) - Vazdru (UW-Skies) 0:2

The first one crashed - he would have won it i guess (95%).

1: He fetched for a dual and played Llanowar Wastes before Back to Basics hit the ground and hold him off black mana.  Board positition at that moment: he had Mire Boa, Wall of Roots, Wall of Blossoms, I've had Looter il-Kor, Lightning Greaves. He was able to play Wickerbough Elder but I had Faith's Fetters for it. He forgot to use Wall of Roots in response for Back to Basics. Afterwards i've played Morph which flipped one turn later and showed the grace of an Exalted Angel protected by Lightning Greaves...so it was game (15 min).

2: I've had no lands on my first 7 so i took 7 new ones: Ancestral Visions, Soltari Priest, Surveilling Sprite, Cloud Spirte and 3 Lands. He took four new cards (kept 2 lands) but only found some bigger critters. He had to mulligan and the 6 showed him 2 Swamps + Wretch + Demonic Tutor so he kept this hand. 3rd Round i've had already 3 Critters and Visions down on 2 counters. I've added Freewind Falcon and countered his Phyrexian Totem with Mana Drain to put down Grafted Wargear + Winter Orb next round (7 min).

GGs!

btw. this one was our first match - afterwards he took revenge with Gobbos which are still one of my worst match-ups
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

pyyhttu

Pyyhttu (BRGoblins) vs. Mythrandir (5c-control): 2-1 to pyyhttu

1st. game: I suffer from mana screw in the early age and get Mythrandir down to 15 with some 1/1-goblin until he plays Moat. I later draw some mana but can't beat the deck any more as win-conditions in that situation are slowly countered by the card advantage Mythrandir gained.

2nd. game: I go first and remember playing Magus of the Moon, and then remember fethching some more golblins (Goblin Warchief) and run over him. Rather a quick game.

3rd. game: I get a pretty good hand consisting or Blood Moon, Magus of the Moon, Tattermunge Maniac, Mox Diamond and lands. Mythrandir goes first and on the following turn I get the Maniac on the board. My following Magus of the Moon get's removed but Blood Moon is too much. Mythrandir tries to set up Collective Restraint, but I draw wasteland, Pillage, etc. to remove his only dual land every time and thus was able to ride for the victory with the Tattermunge eventually.

Especially in the last game I drew my every hoser card in a nice curve and this match-up was quite hard for Mythrandirs 5-color.

Georg B

I'm so bad in remembering matches.

Georg B (Burning Skies) vs. Grizzledmage (UB Control)  2:0

In the first game I won with some sectaculary moves.
Like playing delay on his Ren Flash and after the 3 turns he had to play the Flash on my Thalakos Seer with me having a Standstill in play.
So I drew 4 cards.

Well the second game was sad.
I had a pritty good Hand with Flying Man, Unstable Mutation and Winter Orb.
He took a mulligan to 5 (or so) and coseded.

Vazdru

Payron (Tokenmania) vs Vazdru (UW-Skies) 0:2

1: My first 7 showed me no lands (once again) - so i took 7 new ones. StP, Wasteland, some Critters + 2 more Lands. He played first BoP -> Swords to Plowshares. He played Priest of Titania - I wasted his Taiga. Afterwards he played Vhitu-Ghazi and Kher-Keep. But after i played Stonecloaker + Pestermite + Soltari Champion it was easy to win the damage race vs the tokens (thanks to evasion).

2: He played some nonbasics - i played Back to Basics when he was tapped out. So easy win in the end.

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Mythrandir

Quote from: pyyhttu on 26-08-2008, 08:15:30 AM

2nd. game: I go first and remember playing Magus of the Moon,

3rd. game: I get a pretty good hand consisting or Blood Moon, Magus of the Moon,
Especially in the last game I drew my every hoser card in a nice curve and this match-up was quite hard for Mythrandirs 5-color.

Quote2:: He played some nonbasics - i played Back to Basics when he was tapped out. So easy win in the end.

isnt it weird that so many games are won because of a single card?!.... =/
heres to hoping they´ll make something like:
~name~
Land - Forest Island
This land isnt affected by nonbasic land effects

:P

Payron

Payron (UGw-Survival) -  Pyyhttu (???)  2:1

damn now I know why reporting the match is so much better when u do it right away ... sry guys I can t remeber anything rly not even what he played :/ mybe Pyyhttu remebers something?

pyyhttu

I played with BG-Goblins.

I only remember that Payron got his Survival-engine to roll in every game except in the the second. I drew my Magus of the Moon in every game and in third game Payron promised to stab me in the face because of that.

Payron

y right ... but you forgott to put a smilie behind "promised to stab me in the face"  :P ::) ;D

but it wasn t like easy games every game I was worryed I couldn t stop the fast and hard starts from this BR Deck!

Mythrandir

Quote from: pyyhttu on 01-09-2008, 09:10:36 AM
I played with BG-Goblins.

I drew my Magus of the Moon in every game and in third game Payron promised to stab me in the face because of that.

i can relate to that. :P but i would probably stab you with a spoon to take longer :P